ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32 M/C Output  (Read 10560 times)

Travis Dean TenKley

Behringer X32 M/C Output
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »

Hello,

I have the Behringer X32 Compact.  I am trying to use the S16 inputs 1-16, and outputs 1-8 first.  Then use the inputs and outputs on the back of the console 2nd.  The problem i have is everything works except the outputs on the back of the console.
I have monitors 1-6 coming out of the outputs 1-6 on the S16.  The main L-R coming out of 7-8 of S16.  I want the output 1 on the console to be used for sub aux via M/C Mono.  It's sending the signal to the M/C channel but no audio comes out of the outputs on the back of the console.  I'm sure i'm missing something somewhere but tried everything.

Thanks.

Travis

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: Behringer X32 M/C Output
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »

There are two possible issues. The X32 only allows the outputs and inputs to be swapped in banks of 8 ( technically 4 if you're tricky ). So if the outputs for the stage box line up with the outputs on the mixer, it will be the same. I.E. outputs 1-8 on the stage box and outputs 1-8 on the mixer are the same in standard form. The Stage box will always see all 16 sends just as the mixer will, but you can only differentiate between the two in groups of 8.

The X32's routing menu has a tab on the very end called XLR out. This is the one you must change. In the XLR out menu, the output ports can be changed in groups of 4. It will be set to 1-4 for one half and 5-8 for the second set, and then of course 9-12 and 13-16 for the last two sets. Change these to be 9-12 and 13-16 for the first two sets. The asterisk that you see in the analog out menu will change from the 9-16 banks to the 1-8 banks and the routing that you have for 9-16 will be reflected on the output ports on the x32.

Since the S16 will always refer to 1-8 ( unless you tell it otherwise ) you can also tell the S16 to simply see the outputs from another location. In the AES50 tab, you will see that the S16 is getting its sends from out 1-8, 9-16 etc. If you change that so the 1-8 bank is seeing the signal from out 9-16, you wouldn't have to change the XLR out setting from the mixer.

Hope this makes sense. If in doubt check out images of the X32 output menu and you will see the referenced things.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Travis Dean TenKley

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »

Thank u, i will give this a try this weekend.

There are two possible issues. The X32 only allows the outputs and inputs to be swapped in banks of 8 ( technically 4 if you're tricky ). So if the outputs for the stage box line up with the outputs on the mixer, it will be the same. I.E. outputs 1-8 on the stage box and outputs 1-8 on the mixer are the same in standard form. The Stage box will always see all 16 sends just as the mixer will, but you can only differentiate between the two in groups of 8.

The X32's routing menu has a tab on the very end called XLR out. This is the one you must change. In the XLR out menu, the output ports can be changed in groups of 4. It will be set to 1-4 for one half and 5-8 for the second set, and then of course 9-12 and 13-16 for the last two sets. Change these to be 9-12 and 13-16 for the first two sets. The asterisk that you see in the analog out menu will change from the 9-16 banks to the 1-8 banks and the routing that you have for 9-16 will be reflected on the output ports on the x32.

Since the S16 will always refer to 1-8 ( unless you tell it otherwise ) you can also tell the S16 to simply see the outputs from another location. In the AES50 tab, you will see that the S16 is getting its sends from out 1-8, 9-16 etc. If you change that so the 1-8 bank is seeing the signal from out 9-16, you wouldn't have to change the XLR out setting from the mixer.

Hope this makes sense. If in doubt check out images of the X32 output menu and you will see the referenced things.

Travis Dean TenKley

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »

This worked, thank u!

quote author=Travis Dean TenKley link=topic=170927.msg1576016#msg1576016 date=1558197088]
Thank u, i will give this a try this weekend.
[/quote]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.