ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: how to stream live video on a budget  (Read 6144 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: how to stream live video on a budget
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »

It sounds like the venue has insufficient infrastructure to offer this service regardless - either the equipment is too expensive or the cheap stuff is ineffective/incapable of delivering the signal quality needed.

Either this need to be a service with an additional fee to cover the costs of new hardware or cable/fibre installation, or the venue simply needs to say "we don't provide that service."

If the customers really want/need this, they will pay for it. 
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ThomasA(lbenberger)

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »

It sounds like the venue has insufficient infrastructure to offer this service regardless - either the equipment is too expensive or the cheap stuff is ineffective/incapable of delivering the signal quality needed.

Either this need to be a service with an additional fee to cover the costs of new hardware or cable/fibre installation, or the venue simply needs to say "we don't provide that service."

If the customers really want/need this, they will pay for it.

Tim,

thanks for your input. I would agree with you to the extent, that the customers need to pay for the extra service of providing a feed to a breakout room. This is independent from the technical side of things how we achieve this, and it will take place.

Whether or not the infrastructure is insufficient is still to be determined. A Cat5 cabling infrastructure with no other traffic on it should be good for a decent quality compressed 1080p stream or multiples of that.

To find out if this can be accomplished on a budget, I started this thread, to get first hand opinions.  So far, I have one participant who discouraged me from using the (free of charge) obs software, but no first hand experience on the stand-alone streaming boxes in the price range up to 1500 or so.

I would say, my quest is not over yet. I‘m still hoping for other dear collegues to chime in with their experiences.

Thanks,

Thomas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.