ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to find a Dante/Networking consultant for a med-large campus network?  (Read 1470 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

I still have networking problems which my "IT" guy can't or won't fix for me. Much of this issue is a personality problem, but whatever.

I'm looking for a consultant who can teach us a thing or two and hopefully check out our network and offer fixes to improve our dante performance.

We are a large church with 5 different buildings which need dante connectivity. I also continually have problems getting a wifi AP to play nicely on our Dante Vlan. We need the AP for Yamaha Stagemix and so I can patch dante on my laptop.

Does anybody spring to mind that has a really solid grasp of enterprise level networking and running Dante on it?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa

Don't know if you've gotten a response via PM yet but I'm pretty sure one or two of our fellow forum members fall in the category that you were looking for. I can't remember names now but a quick search in the forums about networking should get you the correct names.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions

Hi Tim,

I'm not an expert at networking when compared to Bob or Scott. But my day job consists of managing 6500, IE3,4,5k, 2960,3750,3850 series switches/routers and the protocols that go along with them. CTS, 802.1x,802.1q, port-channels, SM & MM fiber.

I am also Dante lvl 1 certified.

If you haven't found anyone I'd be willing to lend an ear. If you're ready to drop some dough and get it fixed, I'd politely allow a more experienced member take care of you.

Best of luck!
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

Thanks for all the response.

Patrick Killianey from Audinate (formally Yamaha) has gotten wind of this thread. He is helping me work through the system. I have every confidence that He and I will be able to figure it out as soon as I can get all my ducks in a row.

Thanks all.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions

Thanks for all the response.

Patrick Killianey from Audinate (formally Yamaha) has gotten wind of this thread. He is helping me work through the system. I have every confidence that He and I will be able to figure it out as soon as I can get all my ducks in a row.

Thanks all.

Good deal!
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.