ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin MLA on Tour Zac Brown Band  (Read 18389 times)

Preston Soper

Martin MLA on Tour Zac Brown Band
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

It's that time again, I hope all of you are gearing up for a busy summer season of touring, one offs & installs.
I will be starting our first leg of the Zac Brown Band Tour next week and would like to extend an invintation to those who may want to come out and hear the MLA rig.
It's one thing to read about it and quite another to hear it in action.
Wide stereo image and target values that are achieved in eq & spl for the entire venue.
The rigging was well thought out as well. Takes about a minute or two a box. Very easy to pin.

So here are a few of the upcoming tour dates and I'll update these as the season moves along.

4-8 Thru 4-10 - Clemson, SC
4-14 - Starkville, MS
4-15 - Ozark, AR
4-17 - Round Rock, TX
5-4 - Salem, VA
5-5 - Sevierville, TN
5-6 Thru - 5-7 Alpharetta, GA
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:49:54 PM by Preston Soper »
Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

mark lonow

Re: Martin MLA on Tour Zac Brown Band
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »

It's that time again, I hope all of you are gearing up for a busy summer season of touring, one offs & installs.
I will be starting our first leg of the Zac Brown Band Tour next week and would like to extend an invintation to those who may want to come out and hear the MLA rig.
Wide stereo image and target values that are achieved in eq & spl for the entire venue.
The rigging was well thought out as well. Takes about a minute or two a box. Very easy to pin.

So here are a few of the upcoming tour dates and I'll update these as the season moves along.

4-8 Thru 4-10 - Clemson, SC
4-14 - Starkville, MS
4-15 - Ozark, AR
4-17 - Round Rock, TX
5-4 - Salem, VA
5-5 - Sevierville, TN
5-6 Thru - 5-7 Alpharetta, GA

when u hook up with  kenny chesney which pa is used the mla or his ev pa ?

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

when u hook up with  kenny chesney which pa is used the mla or his ev pa ?

the answer would be Kenny's Tour P.A.

Cheers,
   Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Preston Soper

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »

Yes, The KC dates are with the EV rig.
Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »

+1
You've got to hear this system.  It is incredible.  The MLX provides some of the highest subwoofer SPL that I've encountered in the smallest overall package and it does it while sounding tight and musical. 
I was just at a conference with Robert Scovill and I asked him what he thought about MLA.  His comment, "it's a game-changer".

Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Phil Hornung

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »

His comment, "it's a game-changer".

+1 again
Went to a demo in NC a couple weeks ago. I agree with Lee that the MLX sub is great, but it's just the icing on the cake - we've all heard good, loud subs before, even if not frequently - that doesn't change the game.
The PA really does deliver astounding results. Coverage in the vertical is more consistent (same from front to back of venue) than any PA system I've used or heard, both in volume and frequency response. Highly recommend people checking this out if they have the opportunity.
Phil

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »

Will the rig be coming north of the 49th?

Preston Soper

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »

His comment, "it's a game-changer".

+1 again
Went to a demo in NC a couple weeks ago. I agree with Lee that the MLX sub is great, but it's just the icing on the cake - we've all heard good, loud subs before, even if not frequently - that doesn't change the game.
The PA really does deliver astounding results. Coverage in the vertical is more consistent (same from front to back of venue) than any PA system I've used or heard, both in volume and frequency response. Highly recommend people checking this out if they have the opportunity.
Phil

Phil,
You are absolutely correct.  I was trying not to gush to much about the system and edited myself into sounding like the MLX was the best part.  The space where I heard MLA was actually a bit large for the rig since the concert had upsold to a much larger venue than originally designed for.  It still covered the space better than any other system I've heard in that space.

The entire systems does what Martin says it does.  Robert Scovill's comment about MLA being a gamechanger was regarding the entire system, not the MLX as a component.

Sorry about that and thanks for the correction.
Lee Buckalew
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Preston Soper

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »

Phil,
You are absolutely correct.  I was trying not to gush to much about the system and edited myself into sounding like the MLX was the best part.  The space where I heard MLA was actually a bit large for the rig since the concert had upsold to a much larger venue than originally designed for.  It still covered the space better than any other system I've heard in that space.

The entire systems does what Martin says it does.  Robert Scovill's comment about MLA being a gamechanger was regarding the entire system, not the MLX as a component.

Sorry about that and thanks for the correction.
Lee Buckalew

I believe you came to one of the arena shows that was with our original 24 MLA before we recieved our second system.
12 per side does a great job and will work with great results, but in arenas of that size a few more enclosures really ramp up the results in a positive way.
In our recent shows I've deployed up to 17 enclosures with MLD included per side on the main hangs in conjuction with side hangs in mono as well as side subs on a lr send
arc delayed down so the people on the extreme sides recieve a good show with a full compliment of the audio spectrum.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.