ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT5a - anyone have any?  (Read 2725 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
RCF TT5a - anyone have any?
« on: April 26, 2019, 11:19:15 AM »

Long story short... requested a demo of the RCF TT5-A back in early February, and am still waiting on the regional RCF rep to get his hands on a pair.

Anyone have (or know of) a line on some TT5-A that would be available for a demo and/or purchase? I'm located in the Madison, WI area. I'd be happy to drive 5-6 hours for a demo and possible purchase.

Thanks!

Michael Abernethy

Re: RCF TT5a - anyone have any?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 03:02:05 AM »

Long story short... requested a demo of the RCF TT5-A back in early February, and am still waiting on the regional RCF rep to get his hands on a pair.

Anyone have (or know of) a line on some TT5-A that would be available for a demo and/or purchase? I'm located in the Madison, WI area. I'd be happy to drive 5-6 hours for a demo and possible purchase.

Thanks!

I have just bought some myself, they are absolutely stunning. Would definitely buy them again, put them over some 9006's and never look back.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »

I was finally able to get my hands on a pair and am now a TT5A owner.

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:45:51 AM »

I have just bought some myself, they are absolutely stunning. Would definitely buy them again, put them over some 9006's and never look back.

I have the tt2a and can say they are amazing over 9006.  I can imagine what the tt5a sound like. 

A few weeks ago I installed the RDNet I/O cards and updated mine.  There was a noticeable different in clarity IMO. 

I was told last year no FIR tunings were planned and now they recently showed up on the RDNet page.

https://www.rcf.it/en_US/products/product-detail/rdnet_software/993994

Steve Crump

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »

I was finally able to get my hands on a pair and am now a TT5A owner.

So, Steve what's your opinion on the TT5 now that you have them in hand?

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »

So, Steve what's your opinion on the TT5 now that you have them in hand?

I've only done two acoustic shows on them in the basement venue, so my experience is limited so far. I did spend several hours measuring them with Smaart and playing program material through them. So... take this for what it's worth.

a) I was shocked by how much larger and heavier the TT5A are than the NX45A. The TT5A are only 20-ish pounds lighter than the TTL6-A, which is crazy.

b) Pattern control and imaging is amazing on them. Very articulate and very controlled.

c) Sloppy QC... my EQ curve stickers were upside down when I received them.

d) Really nice low-end. I definitely won't need a sub with these in the basement. If I were doing larger rock shows, I'd pair them with a sub, but the venue doesn't need that.

e) I was also shocked that there wasn't any RDNet included with them. I didn't look closely enough when ordering them to see that RDNet is optional. Grrr.

f) I need more time with them to get vocals to sound as full as I'd like them to. Right now, they sound sort of cardboard-like. Using Shure ULXD2 with SM58/58a capsules.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.