ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing Failures In AC Outlet Testing & What It Means For Pro Audio  (Read 781 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Analyzing Failures In AC Outlet Testing & What It Means For Pro Audio
It might come as a shock to your system, but all testers are not created equal, and the damage can be expensive.
By Mike Sokol • April 24, 2019

I’ve been a pro audio engineer for 40-plus years and a musician for 50-plus years, and during that time, I’ve witnessed hundreds of shock events on performance stages, recording studios, and even factory floors.

A survey we ran a couple of years ago on ProSoundWeb revealed that 70 percent of the 3,000 musicians who responded had been shocked at least once on stage, some so severely that they were knocked unconscious.

I’ve also witnessed dozens of ground-fault current events where signal cables interconnecting sound gear plugged into different electrical outlets mysteriously arced, sometimes turning red hot and melting before my eyes...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/analyzing-failures-in-ac-outlet-testing-what-it-means-for-pro-audio/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.