ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound iq setup outdoors, live show.  (Read 1208 times)

Brandon Baker

Turbosound iq setup outdoors, live show.
« on: June 23, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »

Looking for advice-

Local 5 piece band playing street dances, (outdoor) with Turbosound iq series speakers. Roughly 2-300 people, wide open space with no reflective surfaces.

System is as follows: 2 iq12, 4 iq15, 4 iq18b, and 2 iq15b.

We have set this system up in its entirety on several occasions. However, it seems to be lacking and I am looking for advice on how to optimise it’s setup.

Low end- we struggle to really define the bass and kick drum when outdoors. Not sure if this is related to physical location of the subs, or other contributing factors. Typically we pair the subs in groups of two along the front. Two groups of two 18’s on either end of the stage, and the two 15’s in the center. Have also tried spacing the 18’s along the front with approximately 5ft in between, with the 15’s on the ends.

Tops- we get great coverage with the 12/15’s up top. Typically use the 15’s, two on each side elevated to around 8-9ft from the ground. We use the 12’s for center coverage, placed on top of either the stage or subs, and on their sides.

I cannot find anything out there as to how others are setting up Turbosounds, or comparable systems in situations like this. I realise these are not what are probably desired when playing outdoor shows like this, but it’s what we have to work with.

Indoors this system rocks. Please advise on what we could do to improve on setup or other techniques to really drive low end outdoors. I’m sure I left out a ton of information as it pertains to this situation, but I will gladly provide it.

Thanks-

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
Re: Turbosound iq setup outdoors, live show.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 11:37:09 PM »

Please change your displayed name to your real full name to post.  That is required and you won't get answers until you do, but more information about your system will help people respond to your question better.  How and at what frequency are you crossing over the iQ15'S to the iQ18b's?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Turbosound iq setup outdoors, live show.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 11:37:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.