ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cisco Aironet  (Read 6012 times)

John Schalk

Re: Cisco Aironet
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 10:07:30 AM »

Why not a cheap Ubiquiti AC mesh or AC mesh pro?

Is the Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-M 802.11ac Mesh a good option?  It looks like a good candidate for pole/mic stand mounting, whereas the Ubiquiti "flying saucer" WAPs look like they would be harder to deploy for portable use.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »

Is the Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-M 802.11ac Mesh a good option?  It looks like a good candidate for pole/mic stand mounting, whereas the Ubiquiti "flying saucer" WAPs look like they would be harder to deploy for portable use.

Depending on the expected area of coverage, I'd say yes. Ticks all the marks: cheap, good range/coverage, looks nice, etc.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 11:56:33 PM »

I have that exact model sitting here and it will not run instant alone mode, as far as I can tell. It requires one of the flying saucer WAPs to mesh with.

I was not impressed.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 11:01:38 AM »

I have that exact model sitting here and it will not run instant alone mode, as far as I can tell. It requires one of the flying saucer WAPs to mesh with.

I was not impressed.

That's odd; I just deployed one as the only WAP on an audio network and it's been flawless. Setup using the UniFi software was exactly the same as the flying saucers from what I recall.

-Russ

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 12:47:07 PM »

I was not impressed.

Yeah, that's really strange.

You actually have to force it to run in mesh mode. It defaults to standard AP mode.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »

I'll try again but I could not figure out how to get it out of mesh mode and into AP mode. It's been a while but I want to say bunt wouldn't support me on this.

That's odd; I just deployed one as the only WAP on an audio network and it's been flawless. Setup using the UniFi software was exactly the same as the flying saucers from what I recall.

-Russ

Nathan, I think the opposite is true and I can't figure out how to make the AC mesh run in AP mode.

Yeah, that's really strange.

You actually have to force it to run in mesh mode. It defaults to standard AP mode.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »

I'll try again but I could not figure out how to get it out of mesh mode and into AP mode. It's been a while but I want to say bunt wouldn't support me on this.

Nathan, I think the opposite is true and I can't figure out how to make the AC mesh run in AP mode.

Should help a bit. ~14:50 mark

https://youtu.be/-_LRCnQXa8M?t=811

Now the AirMax stuff isn't designed for AP's only for bridging networks. I have a nanostation that confused me for a while. Old firmware allows for AP usage,  but the unifi stuff should work just fine.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:50:47 PM by Nathan Riddle »

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »

Thanks.

Is it wrong that driven to distraction by the audio in that video?

Should help a bit. ~14:50 mark

https://youtu.be/-_LRCnQXa8M?t=811

Now the AirMax stuff isn't designed for AP's only for bridging networks. I have a nanostation that confused me for a while. Old firmware allows for AP usage,  but the unifi stuff should work just fine.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »

Thanks.

Is it wrong that driven to distraction by the audio in that video?

;D no?

Though I'm not noticing anything, maybe due to the tiny speakers on my laptop?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »

I have one also in AP mode up 12’ on a tripod.

I had to turn off a parameter something like uplink monitor to make it work. I read that here somewhere. It fixed my problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.