Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

JBL prx812w v. QSC k12.2 for stage monitor

(1/2) > >>

Frederick Berg:
I'm in the market for a new stage monitor (drummer, backup singer).  I'm not happy with my qsc k10.2.  At the moment the JBL prx812w is price reduced to ~$650 while the k12.2 is @ ~$800.  Not sure if that means the 812w is not selling, and not well liked, or a new model is around the corner?  I've generally been partial to JBL in the past.  Is there a good youtube comparison video?  I've been unable to find one.  If the consensus is the qsc k12.2 is superior, I wouldn't mind paying the higher price--what matters is that I can hear myself sing.  (I prefer the monitor to IEMs, we're a local 4 pc. classic/modern rock party act, rarely play for more than 200-300 people.)

Frederick Berg:

--- Quote from: rickrock on April 21, 2019, 09:34:48 AM ---I'm in the market for a new stage monitor (drummer, backup singer).  I'm not happy with my qsc k10.2.  At the moment the JBL prx812w is price reduced to ~$650 while the k12.2 is @ ~$800.  Not sure if that means the 812w is not selling, and not well liked, or a new model is around the corner?  I've generally been partial to JBL in the past.  Is there a good youtube comparison video?  I've been unable to find one.  If the consensus is the qsc k12.2 is superior, I wouldn't mind paying the higher price--what matters is that I can hear myself sing.  (I prefer the monitor to IEMs, we're a local 4 pc. classic/modern rock party act, rarely play for more than 200-300 people.)

--- End quote ---

Forgot to ask, is the "w" in the prx title significant? Is there a jbl prx812 model without the "w"?  Sometimes I see it advertised with the "w" after 812, and sometimes not.  Are there different models identified by "w" or no "w"?

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: rickrock on April 21, 2019, 09:37:55 AM ---Forgot to ask, is the "w" in the prx title significant? Is there a jbl prx812 model without the "w"?  Sometimes I see it advertised with the "w" after 812, and sometimes not.  Are there different models identified by "w" or no "w"?

--- End quote ---

Hi ..

You'll have to change your display name to your real name as per forum rules before you will be able to receive responses. Once you do that, the good folks here will offer help. If the moderators get there first, this thread will be locked. Thank you..

Rob Spence:
What is it that you don’t like about your K10?

If for vocals, a K12 will sound pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Chris Grimshaw:
A decent 10" wedge (a K10 should be fine IMO) will get vocals to very loud levels if it's within 6' of you.

What's your current setup?
Who controls your monitor mix?
What's in your current monitor mix?
Which vocal mic are you using?
Can you get enough output without feedback?
If so, is it just a "tone" thing? ie, you want to change how your vocal sounds?

It's way cheaper to tweak the EQ in the rehearsal than buy a new monitor. Heck, a new vocal mic is cheaper than a monitor.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version