ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linea Research 48m20 vs Powersoft x8  (Read 5500 times)

Ron Ventour

Linea Research 48m20 vs Powersoft x8
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »

Linea Research recently released the 48m20 8 channel amp and the specs are impressive. I’ve had the 44m20 4 channel amp going on 2 months now and very much impressed with it on my JTR rig.

Very curious to know what you guys think on the comparison between the Linea Research and the Powersoft x series.

Roland Clarke

Re: Linea Research 48m20 vs Powersoft x8
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 06:10:25 AM »

I can’t offer an opinion on linear Research, vs Powersoft.  I would say that there seems to be a lot of manufacturers starting to rebadge and sell them with their systems.  This of course could be financially motivated, but Danley use them as now does Martin Audio.  I believe Martin Audio has previously used two of the other largest players in the market.

Ron Ventour

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »

I can’t offer an opinion on linear Research, vs Powersoft.  I would say that there seems to be a lot of manufacturers starting to rebadge and sell them with their systems.  This of course could be financially motivated, but Danley use them as now does Martin Audio.  I believe Martin Audio has previously used two of the other largest players in the market.
I see EAW is currently using Linea Research now too, they use to use Powersoft before, that's saying alot that these big name Manufacturers are going with Linea Research

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeHarris

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:42:52 AM »

We have a had surprising issues with Psoft amps...compounding the problem is their extreme depth necessitating saving shipping boxes. Haven’t sold enough of the new Martin amps but as of yet no issues.
We are using the 10 year Lab Gruppen warranty as often a 6-8 month round trip for a amp service from a resort in the islands can eat up some time. Most issues are from power..tho it helps to turn the amp off before spray painting the amp room

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 07:30:45 AM »

We have 12 x 44M10 and 2 x 44M06.  There were a couple of issues in an early batch but they sent replacements very quickly and we haven't had any issues in almost a year.  We really like them and they are 20% less expensive than an X4.  We're selling our Powersoft K3's to make room for more Lineas.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Taylor Hall

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »

We really like them and they are 20% less expensive than an X4. 

This is what really piqued my interest in them. We've been wanting to retire some heavy iron for a while but the cost of the powersofts (even secondhand) have been our biggest roadblock. It's still not a small expenditure, but being able to leverage a brand new device for the price of a used one goes a long way...
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.