ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL 2242’s and equivalent  (Read 11596 times)

David Junius

• Atlanta, GA
Re: JBL 2242’s and equivalent
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 12:26:26 AM »

So I’ve found a pair of QSC kw181’s that friend has, and Friday I just picked up a gig and I’ll have a pair of something supplementing my rig, I’ll find out when I pick them up what they are. So far all I know is single 18’s.

Ok, so I’m at the show now got 4 QSC kw181’s with my w’s. These things are walking all over my subs! I’ve got the 4 qsc’s across the front of the stage and it really doesn’t matter that my subs are even here. Since people on the forum have said they like the JTR stuff better, I would love to hear them but apparently no one has any in Atlanta. I can say I am impressed by these kw’s. It also helps that there’s more here in town should I need to rent them.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 01:41:03 AM »

Technology certainly has moved on.
I'd say the KW181 is getting a little long in the tooth these days, too - I have 15"s that can put out 6dB more at 40Hz.

That said, KW181s are quite useful in that you'll always have the option to rent some more.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

David Junius

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »

Technology certainly has moved on.
I'd say the KW181 is getting a little long in the tooth these days, too - I have 15"s that can put out 6dB more at 40Hz.

That said, KW181s are quite useful in that you'll always have the option to rent some more.

Chris
Yes, I’m not set on buying the kw’s yet. Just noted that they play really nice with my tops and there’s more local should I need to rent. However I am still open to wanting to listen/demo other subs. However it seems that by lack of response there’s either no one willing to demo speakers in my area, or no one has anything different than what I’ve already listened to! Obviously the big companies in town all have matched rigs, ie subs that match their line array. It’s a little more difficult to find the lounge level guys, many I’m sure aren’t on here!
David

John Schalk

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 11:34:20 PM »

However I am still open to wanting to listen/demo other subs. However it seems that by lack of response there’s either no one willing to demo speakers in my area, or no one has anything different than what I’ve already listened to!

JTR Speakers has a somewhat active Facebook page, so you could try posting on there to see if there are any JTR Pro owners in the Atlanta area.  If you follow JTR on FB for a while you'll learn that their main focus is the serious home theater enthusiast.  Another option is to get out there and network; go to live shows and introduce yourself during set breaks to the sound crew.  The best time to talk to me is after soundcheck, but before the first set. :)  Mind you, I am nowhere near Atlanta, GA.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 11:34:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.