ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What's a good alternative to a BSS OmniDrive?  (Read 9335 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: What's a good alternative to a BSS OmniDrive?
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »

.. but all of them are loosing their displays eventually

Why I dislike displays in amps. Life expectancy of amplifying circuit: 15 years+.  Life expectancy of display/interface: 5 years?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:20:48 PM by Jim McKeveny »

Peter Morris

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 01:23:53 AM »

Yep, the 'available on some models' was why I was asking.  That model availability info is lacking on their website afaict.
When you said the FIR filter is a bit tricky to program, I thought maybe you had one in hand....
I haven’t had an opportunity to have a play with one yet, they have just become available in Australia recently and I had a good look at one at a trade show recently … and of course Eclipse Audio is an Australian company and I have tried their software  :)

I would like to see what can be achieved with the LIR linear phase crossover filters, standard PEQ and all-pass filters along with a bit of fine tuning with the FIR filters to get an almost perfect amplitude and (within limits) phase response.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 03:25:58 AM by Peter Morris »

Uwe Riemer2

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »

Comparison between Hardman4 1kHz measured at the output of 44M06 and NTM36 1kHz line out of BLU160   

Uwe Riemer2

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »

without smoothing and matched scaling

Duane Rodakowski

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »

Those traces are interesting. Hardmann filter looks similar to the NTM, but there is a high frequency bump high up in the frequency range. Is fair to say the NTM gives a more flat response than the Hardmann? Or is this inconsequential since it happens so very high in frequency?

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »

Please go to Profile > Account Settings and change the NAME field to your real name per the LAB  forum rules.

Thanks.

Well The Omnidrime was replaced by the JBL Driverack, but now the amplifiers can take your input and only output what you tell them.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Uwe Riemer2

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 06:34:01 PM »

Those traces are interesting. Hardmann filter looks similar to the NTM, but there is a high frequency bump high up in the frequency range. Is fair to say the NTM gives a more flat response than the Hardmann? Or is this inconsequential since it happens so very high in frequency?

You can safely ignore the bump at 30kHz. This is not the property of the Hardmann filter but the result of the passive Low Pass filter of the Class D amp ( 44M06 ).
I grabbed a 15" sub as the load for this measurement, the impedance of this sub is fairly high at 30kHz, so the Low Pass is seriously underdamped.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 04:07:48 PM »

I haven’t had an opportunity to have a play with one yet, they have just become available in Australia recently and I had a good look at one at a trade show recently … and of course Eclipse Audio is an Australian company and I have tried their software  :)

I would like to see what can be achieved with the LIR linear phase crossover filters, standard PEQ and all-pass filters along with a bit of fine tuning with the FIR filters to get an almost perfect amplitude and (within limits) phase response.

Yep, I think you'll really like the processor for that. I've got results that were dang close to full out custom FIR.

I've meant to do that with the SC-48 on PM90/60 for some time, to help with the processor database effort.
Sorry I haven't already done so.... just been focused on my modular builds, which have all the drivers tied up.
Also, I switched to q-sys for processing. So I haven't been using the SC-48 much.  But I'll hurry up and make/post best efforts in your threads before i put the SC-48 up for sale.

Eclipse Audio's FirDesigner has been my go-to software for quite a while now.  Was really glad to see the alliance with Linea.
Michael is a very nice, helpful guy, ime.

Roland Clarke

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 07:47:20 AM »

Does anyone know the warranty length for Linear Research amps?

Rich Frembes

• Fulcrum Acoustic
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 08:34:25 AM »

Does anyone know the warranty length for Linear Research amps?

From their price list:
"[...] three years from the date of original purchase. Full warranty terms are available upon request."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 08:34:25 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.