ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beam angle standards (more than one?)  (Read 1629 times)

David Allred

Beam angle standards (more than one?)
« on: April 16, 2019, 10:07:24 AM »

I am working a project to illuminate the exterior of a building.  The plan it to use Iluminarc fixtures.  To estimate coverage, distance, and intensity and am going to take a few of my ADJ pars and experiment.  I have photometric charts that include beam angle, field angle, lux and lumens @ distance, etc.
The ADJ fixture (Mega Hex Par) states a beam angle of aprox 22 deg and shows that as -11 to +11 degs.  Every online image confirms this to be correct.
The Iluminarc fixture (picked one, but all follow suit) states a beam angle of 13 degs, but the chart shows it as -13 to +13 degs (26 degs total).  Is there an alternate standard (measured from 0 degs), much like the American vs European standard on blueprint's third angle projection, being used?

David Allred

Re: Beam angle standards (more than one?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »

I am working a project to illuminate the exterior of a building.  The plan it to use Iluminarc fixtures.  To estimate coverage, distance, and intensity and am going to take a few of my ADJ pars and experiment.  I have photometric charts that include beam angle, field angle, lux and lumens @ distance, etc.
The ADJ fixture (Mega Hex Par) states a beam angle of aprox 22 deg and shows that as -11 to +11 degs.  Every online image confirms this to be correct.
The Iluminarc fixture (picked one, but all follow suit) states a beam angle of 13 degs, but the chart shows it as -13 to +13 degs (26 degs total).  Is there an alternate standard (measured from 0 degs), much like the American vs European standard on blueprint's third angle projection, being used?

Solved?
The ADJ radial chart is actual per side (90 deg is due east and west). Degs are +/- from zero.
Iluminarc's radial is the total referenced on each side (90 deg is NE and NW). 

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Beam angle standards (more than one?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.