ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Covers for DSR112 - found a decent deal  (Read 2750 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Covers for DSR112 - found a decent deal
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

I really like the Studio Slips full clam shell covers, but when I went to order some for my new DSR112's, I discovered the price had gone up a bit since last time I ordered. Looking around I found padded Yamaha factory slip over covers (not full clam shell) for $40 at Full Compass.

UPS just delivered mine. They appear well made. Not as thick as the Studio Slips stuff, but should be more than adequate if you are transporting your own gear. Hopefully this is helps some of you.

Scott Slater

Re: Covers for DSR112 - found a decent deal
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 05:24:49 PM »

I use QSC carry bags for the KLA-12s for mine.  They fit them well.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:37:36 PM »

I really like the Studio Slips full clam shell covers, but when I went to order some for my new DSR112's, I discovered the price had gone up a bit since last time I ordered. Looking around I found padded Yamaha factory slip over covers (not full clam shell) for $40 at Full Compass.

UPS just delivered mine. They appear well made. Not as thick as the Studio Slips stuff, but should be more than adequate if you are transporting your own gear. Hopefully this is helps some of you.

I use the Yamaha factory ones too but from new I found them to be too loose. At first I thought they were the wrong ones - perhaps for the 15's but the labels say 12" and I came across others online complaining about the same thing.
I don't mind too much because at least they are not too tight!... and they do the job - they just look a bit weird and the covers move around too easily.

How do yours fit Mark?

I used to use generic Gator speaker bags for them and they worked great but I find bags go very thread bare at the bottom after a while and also that it takes longer to unpack and re- pack them  after the show. A slip cover takes 2 seconds - every second counts !!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »

I use the Yamaha factory ones too but from new I found them to be too loose. At first I thought they were the wrong ones - perhaps for the 15's but the labels say 12" and I came across others online complaining about the same thing.
I don't mind too much because at least they are not too tight!... and they do the job - they just look a bit weird and the covers move around too easily.

How do yours fit Mark?

I used to use generic Gator speaker bags for them and they worked great but I find bags go very thread bare at the bottom after a while and also that it takes longer to unpack and re- pack them  after the show. A slip cover takes 2 seconds - every second counts !!!

Mine fit fine, not loose at all. Maybe they listened. At at $40/each, I can't complain! I agree Debbie - every second counts, and anything that reduces load in/out time is a huge plus!

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:31:53 AM »

Same here Debbie. Got mine 2 months ago.Over sized, very loose fit also from Full compass. Thought about lining with 1/2” foam for more of a snug fit. When I pulled them out the package they seemed extra large. First thought was this for the 15” model but the handle cutout are in a different location. Wish they were more like the Jbl slip on covers.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:37:34 AM by Luis_Marquez »

Jay Marr

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 08:26:29 AM »

Mine fit fine, not loose at all. Maybe they listened. At at $40/each, I can't complain! I agree Debbie - every second counts, and anything that reduces load in/out time is a huge plus!

That's really interesting.  Maybe somebody at Yamaha bought a measuring tape because the older ones from Yamaha fit like a hospital gown.

My bass player bought a set and I would have sworn they were for the 15s.
I have a pair as well so I ordered Tuki clamshell and they fit perfectly.
He can actually put his Yamaha covers OVER my Tuki covers (while on my DSRs).  Cover Covers!

One plus - you can actually keep a XLR and Power cable plugged in and put the Yamaha covers on (during a set break or something if you want dust/rain protection)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

I'm with everyone else... we had 14 DSR112s at one point, 12 sets of Tuki covers, 1 set of factory Yamaha. The hospital gown analogy regarding fit on the factory covers is perfect! Man, those things were loose!

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »

My factory DXR12 covers fit perfectly. They are now about five years old.
..db

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »

My factory DXR12 covers fit perfectly. They are now about five years old.

The DXR covers fit fine. I used to have DXR15's and the covers were really nice - much nicer then the DSR112's. It is the DSR covers that are floppy...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 02:35:08 AM »

The DXR covers fit fine. I used to have DXR15's and the covers were really nice - much nicer then the DSR112's. It is the DSR covers that are floppy...

Yeah, weird, huh?  I have both. The cheaper speakers have nicer covers.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 02:35:08 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.