ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX lighting bypass DMX Wall Controller  (Read 8436 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: DMX lighting bypass DMX Wall Controller
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to check out the Fleenor PRE10E-A's.

So today we have 4 x Altman 1k Fresnels and 8 x PAR 64 that we plan to replace with 20 Chauvey slimPAR pros or something similiar. In addition we will be adding 6 LED chandeliers with 0-10v dimming capabilities. Haven't decided on what light board we should buy yet. I'm thinking we don't need more than a 1 Universe device. I'm linking a physical device as opposed to a PC.

Alain Bouit

You’ll want to get rid of the PARs sooner than later.... you may of heard that the lamps are no longer being manufactured. Existing stock is all that’s left, so very soon, you will not be able to get lamps.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:27 AM »

Fleenor has recently come out with the PRE10E-A. Four universes with sACN in a 2-gang plate.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 03:08:53 PM »

I'm new to lighting, sorry for the newbee question.

Our church is planning to install a new DMX lighting board to control 20 LED light fixtures. They want to be able to have a preset panel on the wall to switch on the stage lights in case the AV person is not available. Basically a push button system that would turn on some lights without having to use the DMX light control in the AV booth in the back. How would I build that in to the system?

abouit

What You want is a DMX merger with priority something like this https://www.elclighting.com/products/dt125/. Connect Light console to A and a wallmount dmx controller to B. When console (connected to A) is powerd off, the controller on B can controll the lights.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »

Cheapest solution will be a dmxking edin4 box.

You can record a snapshot (and recently multiple) and recall via power cycle.

Switching presets (one lights-on and one lights-off) might take some more research.

They can also do dmx merging ltp htp etc ...
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »

What You want is a DMX merger with priority something like this https://www.elclighting.com/products/dt125/. Connect Light console to A and a wallmount dmx controller to B. When console (connected to A) is powerd off, the controller on B can controll the lights.
Since this is exactly how the Fleenor PRE10A works (see posts above), why spend more money to buy a merger?
Scott Hofmann

John Fruits

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »

If you are looking for a lower budget solution, you might consider the Northlight Systems MERGE
I was curious about those 0-10v chandeliers, will you have a separate controller for them?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Alain Bouit

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »

If you are looking for a lower budget solution, you might consider the Northlight Systems MERGE
I was curious about those 0-10v chandeliers, will you have a separate controller for them?

No the plan is to control the chandeliers with the DMX board and DMX wall switch. I would have to have a device that converts DMX signal into 0-10v to be able to dim the chandeliers.

Alain Bouit

John Fruits

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 05:36:52 PM »

I don't know if you noticed but Northlight also has a DMX>0-10v converter.  http://northlightdmx.com/dmx512decoder.htm.
DFD and Pathway also have such devices but the Northlight is a lot cheaper, but might require more work on your part.
There are also a lot of people building dmx gizmos using Arduino, if you know someone who knows Adruino. LOL
Even ETC speaks Arduino, sort of with the https://shop.etcconnect.com/lighthack-box-1/.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Alain Bouit

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

Our church finally made the purchase of the 0-10v dimmable LED Chandeliers (Crenshaw Lighting Artisan Iona Pendant) https://www.crenshawlighting.com/products/artisan-iona-lantern-pendant-pes-8201-8202/
So I'm back to trying to finalize the light control situation. I've made a diagram with I think is some of the recommendations in this post. Could someone check to make I'm not doing something that is impossible?
I have attached a diagram to this post.

Thanks
Alain Bouit

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »

Our church finally made the purchase of the 0-10v dimmable LED Chandeliers (Crenshaw Lighting Artisan Iona Pendant) https://www.crenshawlighting.com/products/artisan-iona-lantern-pendant-pes-8201-8202/
So I'm back to trying to finalize the light control situation. I've made a diagram with I think is some of the recommendations in this post. Could someone check to make I'm not doing something that is impossible?
I have attached a diagram to this post.

Thanks
Alain Bouit

It looks like you are going from Ethernet sACN out of your ChamSys into the Fleenor PRE10E-A, but the Fleenor only re-transmits the sACN and does not convert it to DMX which is what you need for the input of the ETC DMX to analog decoder and all of your LED fixtures. You would have to add an Ethernet to DMX gateway after the Fleenor to get DMX out.
If you can get by with one universe of DMX (512 DMX addresses), then come out of the DMX output of the ChamSys and get a Fleenor PRE10A (with DMX in and out) instead of the PRE10E-A. It will be a lot less expensive.

Also, DMX is a daisy-chain unless you incorporate a DMX splitter. You can't/shouldn't essentially "Y" out of the Fleenor box. So in a revised diagram with DMX out of the ChamSys and a PRE10A, it has to go from out of console to input of Fleenor box, then out of Fleenor box to input of ETC decoder, then out of decoder to input of LED fixture #1, then out of LED fixture #1 to LED fixture #2, etc.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:34:37 AM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.