ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Here To There: The Logistics Of Professional Audio  (Read 52 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
From Here To There: The Logistics Of Professional Audio
« on: April 15, 2019, 07:43:45 am »

From Here To There: The Logistics Of Professional Audio
A good production company must master logistics and be skilled in the management of getting equipment from point A to B safely and securely.
By Craig Leerman • April 15, 2019

I started out in “show business” as a musician playing in a local band with my high school buddies. Before our first gig we held a band meeting to decide how to get all the stuff to the gig.

Between us there were three cars and a lot of gear. Luckily, back in the 1970s cars were humongous gas guzzlers that could carry an impressive payload. When it came time to pack up the gear from the basement rehearsal “studio” to load into the cars, we thought nothing of carrying everything up the steps from the basement without cases or wheels and lugging the stuff to the cars. After all, we were young lads who didn’t have bad backs (yet).

Soon we came to realize that we also had lot of cables and had given no thought as to how to transport them. My aunt volunteered an old suitcase, and my mother suggested we could use some old pillow cases, so that’s how they traveled to the first show...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/av/from-here-to-there-the-logistics-of-professional-audio/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.