ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2W (clearcom) to balanced line in/out circuit  (Read 1906 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
2W (clearcom) to balanced line in/out circuit
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »

I've got a couple Green-Go Interface-X that I use for interfacing with camera CCUs.  It's a 3 port interface with 2 4W interfaces and 1 2W interface.  I use the 4W ports with the CCUs and I'd like to use the 2W ports to get other signals in/out of the comms system.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a schematic that can convert 2W to a balanced (or just line level) in/out.  Passive would be fantastic if possible.

Thanks!
~Erik

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: 2W (clearcom) to balanced line in/out circuit
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:10 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a schematic that can convert 2W to a balanced (or just line level) in/out.  Passive would be fantastic if possible.

Thanks!
~Erik

For all things intercom related go to Pete Erskine's website, www.bestaudio.com. You will have to register, but pretty much everything you need is there.

Mac

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:17:11 AM »

AVLifesavers has some nifty little boxes pre-made, if that is “better” for you.

I totally get wanting to build your own box, though.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »

For all things intercom related go to Pete Erskine's website, www.bestaudio.com. You will have to register, but pretty much everything you need is there.

Mac

I've looked through Pete's site a few times.  There's some theory stuff there but I haven't found an actual schematic for what I'm trying to do.  Maybe I'm missing it and need a pointer.

AVLifesavers has some nifty little boxes pre-made, if that is “better” for you.

I totally get wanting to build your own box, though.

I'll check it out, thanks Jordan.  Still would love to have a schematic though. 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 04:11:55 PM »

I've looked through Pete's site a few times.  There's some theory stuff there but I haven't found an actual schematic for what I'm trying to do.  Maybe I'm missing it and need a pointer.

If you want to turn your 2W interface into a full 4W interface you need a hybrid. If you want to either inject audio or pick audio off from the 2W interface you can use the audio only adapter which is shown in a schematic on Pete's site. I can't link to it because you need to log in to get to it, but I just looked, and it is there. Go to the downloads tab and it is on the first page if you scroll down to "Comm Adapters and Isolators".

If you need a single channel 2W to 4W adapter that can send and receive simultaneously you can build out from the 4 pin headset jack of a beltpack. The adapter could be used with a spare pack from whatever system you need to interface to.

Mac

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »

I've got a couple Green-Go Interface-X that I use for interfacing with camera CCUs.  It's a 3 port interface with 2 4W interfaces and 1 2W interface.  I use the 4W ports with the CCUs and I'd like to use the 2W ports to get other signals in/out of the comms system.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a schematic that can convert 2W to a balanced (or just line level) in/out.  Passive would be fantastic if possible.

Thanks!
~Erik

Interface block diagram:

https://studio-tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/bd_m47_a.pdf

Not as simple as one might assume.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »

Thanks!
~Erik

http://www.bestaudio.com/s/Audio_only_adapter.pdf
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.