ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MI Gear - Where do you purchase?  (Read 3597 times)

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
MI Gear - Where do you purchase?
« on: April 10, 2019, 07:19:01 PM »

Hi Friends,

Where do you go to purchase your MI gear?  We obviously have lots of people in our community that sell PA gear (myself included).  Does anyone carry Kemper guitar modeling heads?  What else are you guys selling?

Thank you,

Jeff

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: MI Gear - Where do you purchase?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »

Depends on what you mean by MI gear. If you mean primarily instruments and accessories, some of my distributors have a reasonable selection, but I can't get everything. And depending on the manufacturer I might not be able to resell it, but I could use it for backline rentals or personal use. Some brands I can resell, and have, but I don't tend to stock anything.

I think something as unusual as a Kemper head is probably going to be tough to find without going through one of their dealers, but you could always call them and ask.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 09:42:11 AM »

3 dealers on this forum that I have purchased new stuff from and would do so again.

Audiopile Distributing
[email protected]
509-287-2020
www.audiopile.net
I purchased their XLR quad cables and I speculate all future cable needs will go to Audiopile.

Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
[email protected]
I purchased a couple mixers. On this forum his name is frequently mentioned when someone is looking for speakers, especially the DSR's)

Tim Hite
Bad Quail, Sound + Light
(833)BAD-QUAIL
[email protected]
I purchased a speaker (not the DSR)
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »

Thanks for the plug Steve. We're now at 888-GO-QUAIL

It really depends on the line and the manufacturer as to whether or not they'll let us sell their stuff. I'm friends with a few boutique manufacturers that would let me sell you an amp or instrument. Other MI companies want a huge opening order and guaranteed display space in a brick and mortar store that most of us don't have (Roland and Yamaha and lots of big brands in instruments).

I just picked up Pioneer DJ and I carry the A&H Xone line of DJ gear because I have tons of friends who are involved in electronic music.

In the process of signing on with Elixir strings because I use them and I'm in a rural area and have lots of musician friends who need strings and also they are made in the USA and I like the company, WL Gore.

I also have access to lots of stuff through a couple of consumer electronics distributors that I signed on with for odds and ends (Petra and Volutone).

Hi Friends,

Where do you go to purchase your MI gear?  We obviously have lots of people in our community that sell PA gear (myself included).  Does anyone carry Kemper guitar modeling heads?  What else are you guys selling?

Thank you,

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:25:53 AM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »

The logical source for MI gear is at your local MI store. :)
Brian Jojade

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »

The logical source for MI gear is at your local MI store. :)

A Kemper is something that will not be in stock or on the line card at lot of local music stores.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »

A Kemper is something that will not be in stock or on the line card at lot of local music stores.

Well if you're local to the small village of Treppendorf in Germany then I think stock of such an item in their local family run music store is not an issue  ;) They might even have it on display in their "small" guitar section  ;D

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 06:04:56 PM »

Well if you're local to the small village of Treppendorf in Germany then I think stock of such an item in their local family run music store is not an issue  ;) They might even have it on display in their "small" guitar section  ;D

I wouldn't call Thomann a local mom and pop music store!!!

Yes I looked up the town, is only about four hours away from where the Kempers are built.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 06:32:21 PM »

I usually buy my musical instrument gear from online music retailers or my local music store. Currently waiting on a new custom finished soprano saxophone to arrive from Germany sometime in the next two months (ordered in November), which I ordered through the local music store which I have been using since I was in high school.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »

Nothing stock here... ;D ;D ;D ;D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.