ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mode Audio  (Read 3447 times)

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Mode Audio
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:34:09 PM »

I just got an invite to attend the Mode Audio Roadshow in my town next week. I've never heard of this brand, does anyone have any experience with it and can comment on performance, value or comparable brands? Thanks in advance!

Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

David Allred

Re: Mode Audio
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »

I just got an invite to attend the Mode Audio Roadshow in my town next week. I've never heard of this brand, does anyone have any experience with it and can comment on performance, value or comparable brands? Thanks in advance!

From linkedin.
"MODE AUDIO is a high end professional loudspeaker and electronics engineering and manufacture from Los Angeles, California. Founded by Ruben, who was the  original founder of VUE AUDIOTECHNIK and loudspeaker designer for various other European sound companies. Mode Audio also specializes in DSP."

Ruben's last name is Rodriguez.    http://www.mode-audio.us  The link is no good.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »

From linkedin.
"MODE AUDIO is a high end professional loudspeaker and electronics engineering and manufacture from Los Angeles, California. Founded by Ruben, who was the  original founder of VUE AUDIOTECHNIK and loudspeaker designer for various other European sound companies. Mode Audio also specializes in DSP."

Ruben's last name is Rodriguez.    http://www.mode-audio.us  The link is no good.

David, I think you created that link by looking at the email address on the poster.  The url for the website is to the left of that - http://mode.audio/

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »

And once one visits the website they will be greeted with a site that isn't very well constructed.  It's full of small spelling errors (including a wrong spelling of the name of their West Coast dealer/distributor) and the fonts on their speaker descriptions pages are tiny and thin.  Not really feeling good about their product just based on the presentation of that product on their website.
I've been doing audio in Los Angeles for 20 years and I've never heard of them. 
I've also never heard of their West Coast dealer.  A visit to their website gives me the impression that they seem to be more of a band-for-hire company with some gear rather than a full-blown production company - their "Shop" section offers t-shirts for their band-for-hire as well as $200 for the privilege of hanging out at Disneyland with the owners of the production house (of course it doesn't include admission to the park or food/drink during the day).  As a regional dealer one would think that they have pictures of the product in use (there aren't any) and that the product pages for Mode Audio would have links to the product, not thumbnail descriptions of the products that link to nothing. 

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 03:26:05 AM »

Badly constructed doesn't begin to cover it.

All the product descriptions are images of text!
... and badly-compressed images at that. No wonder it's bordering on illegible.

Quite how they've got 126dB out of a single 6" driver, I'll never know. 61mm of one-way travel on the 6" cone is needed to manage that SPL at 100Hz.

I have some 10" monitors here that put out 150dB when dropped from an aeroplane.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Roland Clarke

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 06:06:59 AM »

Just what the world needs, (not🙄), another line array.  With the amount of product the majors have put into the market place in the last few years and the absolute glut of decent secondhand line array out there, the last thing manufacturers need to be making is more of it.  I suspect sales are much slower than they were 4 -5 years ago.

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »

David, I think you created that link by looking at the email address on the poster.  The url for the website is to the left of that - http://mode.audio/

No, I copied that link from the LinkedIn page and pasted here (which presumably was created by them).

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 12:19:07 PM »

Check the calendar - is it stuck on April 1?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »

No, I copied that link from the LinkedIn page and pasted here (which presumably was created by them).

That makes it so much worse for them.  They can't even get their website address correct. 

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »

They had a booth at Infocomm 2 years ago in the main hall. The products looked (and from my limited listening in the booth) sounded good. I remember they had a very compact coaxial design line array that was intriguing.

I have not seen their website so I can’t comment on it.

While some folks complain that we don’t need another speaker manufacturer, I remember people saying that when Danley, Fulcrum and Vue came to the marketplace.

When I started in audio there were only a few commercial loudspeakers to choose from and many companies had to build their own forcing them to become speaker builders as well as production companies.

I would rather have too many tool choices than too few.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.