ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SO (O)W for exterior use?  (Read 3557 times)

David Allred

Re: SO (O)W for exterior use?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »

However, one of the acceptable uses of SO (flexible cord) is wiring luminares.  If the luminaire is adjustable, you don't even have to use a plug/connector it can be hard wired.

That said NEC compliance does not equal good design-it is simply the minimum you can do.

I am leaning towards using a plug connection in a housed outlet.  The breaker panel that will source each location does not have LOTO provisions.  Unplugging the fixture will be my lock out procedure.

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 01:43:46 PM »

I am leaning towards using a plug connection in a housed outlet.  The breaker panel that will source each location does not have LOTO provisions.  Unplugging the fixture will be my lock out procedure.
Would you consider "Liquid Tight" neoprene jacketed metallic flex with approved liquid tight terminations to threaded inlets or KO's with locknuts?  The terminations utilize a coarse external thread which threads into the Liquid Tight flex plus a nut (you slip over the jacket FIRST) which seals and grips the Liquid tight's outer jacket.  Up here north of Donald's walls I used to find Liquid tight flex along with straight and 90 degree terminations on the shelf at Home Depot in 1/2" and 3/4" (internal diameter) trade sizes.  Occasionally I could even find 1" in Home Depot.  I don't recall their blue competitor ever stocking Liquid Tight flex.  I like your idea of an approved plug and  receptacle for 'Lock Out / Tag Out'; would you consider an appropriate twist lock or Cee-form? 
Toodleoo! 
Ron Hebbard  (Thank you Doug Fowler, Turbo and Tim Mc for getting my new PC back on the LAB!)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »

Ron Hebbard  (Thank you Doug Fowler, Turbo and Tim Mc for getting my new PC back on the LAB!)

What? Turbo's back ???
When did this happen ?
Chris.  8) 8)
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »

What? Turbo's back ???
When did this happen ?
Chris.  8) 8)

Ouija board messaging.... Baaaaa.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.