ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Editor  (Read 1609 times)

Duane Rodakowski

Midas Pro Series Editor
« on: April 06, 2019, 04:11:38 PM »

Below is a screen shot from Midas's Knowledge Base.
My question: Sometimes on the road I'm not able to connect to a network or the Internet. If the editor for their consoles is suppose to be an "offline editor", why do you need to be connected to a network?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:40:26 PM by Duane Rodakowski »

Magnus Högkvist

Re: Midas Pro Series Editor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »

Below is a screen shot from Midas's Knowledge Base.
My question: Sometimes on the road I'm not able to connect to a network or the Internet. If the editor for their consoles is suppose to be an "offline editor", why do you need to be connected to a network?

First of all I can't see the screen shot. Second, most computers or pads can be fooled to thinking they are connected to the internet if You enter a DNS in the network properties.

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »

The internet is not a requirement for the software to run. Must be an issue with your device. I use the editor all the time without the internet on a Mac.

Good luck.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 12:39:51 PM »

+1 for an issue.  I also run the editor all the time with out a internet connection.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »

It's another "undocumented *feature*" of Midas.  Pffft.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »

+1 for an issue.  I also run the editor all the time with out a internet connection.

The screenshot shows a requirement of a WiFi network connection NOT an Internet connection.  It specifically says an Internet connection is not required.  I think some people are missing that in responding to the OP.

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »

Similarly to others I use the offline editor in all sorts of situations, sometimes with and sometimes without a network connection, and have never had a problem.

However if I was to guess, I'd think it'd be something to do with the hardware of the desk. The software is basically a straight port of the actual desk software itself, and obviously the desk has a network connection built inside for when you want to hook it up to an access point and use an ipad to control. I'd guess because the software looks for this in the actual desk hardware, it wants to see something similar in the offline software too?

Kev

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.