ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple channel DI box.  (Read 10427 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Multiple channel DI box.
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »

Robert - No worries...I realize that the D8 won't always be able to replace individual DI boxes BUT will  be a useful alternative in certain applications - the DI boxes will still come with me to shows.

Tim - I might not find that housing the D8 in with the D Snake will work as well as I would like and I am open to making changes like the one you suggest in order to get the best configuration.
Each time I introduce anything into my set -up, I am always willing to test things out for a few shows and change things up if need be. I suppose it will depend on how many times I find myself having set up and wishing that the 2 units in the rack were split for ease of cabling/positioning etc....
Right now I am just very happy to have a really good quality DI unit for an excellent price and even if I never get to use more than 4 or 5  channels at one time due to placement on stage, it is still a worthwhile investment for me.
Ironically I do have an old Gator 2u rack case - wood body in carry case style - that I could use for the D8.

For now I will hold off making any changes to the rack i.e. patch bay install etc until I am sure.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »

Actually, you could make it a PowerCON, with a pass through. . .

Ooh yes - good thinking. . . .

Actually I could make it an IEC connector..
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2019, 09:57:32 PM »

Actually, you could make it a PowerCON, with a pass through. . .

That too!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 04:21:51 PM »

As an update... I ended up putting the D8 in a shallow 2 space lightweight SKB rack I had - having removed the amp that was in it. The second space allows for when I add a patchbay. I have used it at 3 shows so far and couldn't be happier with it. If I only need one or two DI channels, I use boxes but 3 or more on one side of the stage - this works for me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 04:21:51 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.