ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath DX168 and ME1 Connectivity for SQ Mixer  (Read 1148 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Re: Allen & Heath DX168 and ME1 Connectivity for SQ Mixer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 11:41:36 am »

Diagram of my plan mentioned above. Just spoke with A&H tech support who indicates this should work. Awesome!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:16:48 pm by Sean Chen »
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 12:36:00 pm »

Diagram of my plan mentioned above. Just spoke with A&H tech support who indicates this should work. Awesome!

How are you using the DT168 and the AR2412?  Are both going to be stage boxes? 
If so, how many inputs do you need?  It would seem to make more sense to just get two or three DT168 boxes and keep all your I/O at 96kHz on the Dante network.  Then you can use the SQ's DLink port to connect directly to the ME-1 units and daisy-chain them together.  Or you can connect the DLink port to an ME-U Hub and use that to feed the ME-1 units.  The advantage of the ME-U Hub is that it provides PoE, thus eliminating the need for external power supplies for all the ME-1 units. 

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »

How are you using the DT168 and the AR2412?  Are both going to be stage boxes? 
If so, how many inputs do you need?  It would seem to make more sense to just get two or three DT168 boxes and keep all your I/O at 96kHz on the Dante network.  Then you can use the SQ's DLink port to connect directly to the ME-1 units and daisy-chain them together.  Or you can connect the DLink port to an ME-U Hub and use that to feed the ME-1 units.  The advantage of the ME-U Hub is that it provides PoE, thus eliminating the need for external power supplies for all the ME-1 units.

Eventually that would be the ideal end configuration, so all sources are 32 bit 96 kHz. AR2412 is already in inventory.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.