ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: Worship Leaders On Important Traits Of Sound Operators  (Read 2126 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Church Sound: Worship Leaders On Important Traits Of Sound Operators
Mix skills and system knowledge can be undermined...
By Gary Zandstra • April 2, 2019

According to worship leaders, what are the most important aspects of being a church sound operator? I’ve been doing an informal survey on this topic, asking worship leaders for their views.

The answers have been surprising, at least to me. For example, to this point not one of them has mentioned that a sound operator should have musical talent. Nor have they brought up the value of having a critical ear when it comes to music. Maybe it’s my own biases, but I thought these factors would at least rate a mention.

Here’s another one that hasn’t come up: knowing how to properly operate the equipment and system.

Perhaps the worship leaders I’ve surveyed are assuming that a sound person should already have these skills, and therefore haven’t mentioned them...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_worship_leaders_on_the_most_important_traits_of_sound_operator/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

Ken Webster

Re: Church Sound: Worship Leaders On Important Traits Of Sound Operators
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:09 AM »

I think it works both ways.  The WL and church board need to be able to consider the sound teams advice on solving issues as well, otherwise it's next to impossible to resolve them and then nobody is happy and nothing can change.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Church Sound: Worship Leaders On Important Traits Of Sound Operators
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.