ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Auditorium Storage  (Read 4044 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Auditorium Storage
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »

Thanks for the comments.

We have no storage anywhere.  Currently all cables are in plastic bins in the audio control booth and mic stands are in the corner.  I was thinking of possibly some type of lockable cabinet to place in one of the side stage wings.  Anything better than what is being done now!! 

Thanks again for your time and comments.

We have closets on our upstage wall that are not convenient but ok.  SL is sound, SR is lights.  We used black retail grid with hooks for most cables.   Rolling mic stand box and rolling mic cabinet.   For most gigs it’s a short walk to the closet to retrieve things.   I’ve also worked in theaters that have rolling carts with hooks or bins for cables.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »

Unfortunately, we have no storage anywhere.  I was considering building some type of cabinet and from all the suggestions I think that is probably the best way to go...customize to what we need.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and for your time.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »

David, you might try this over at www.controlbooth.com as they are very theater-centric.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »

I'll also throw-in my $0.02 (perhaps a bit too late)...

We used Gator's Truck Pack Trunks (30x22x22) with trays and dividers for all of our cabling. They're fairly compact, and it was easy to keep things organized. The top two trays held shorter-run cables (6-ft, 10-ft, 15-ft) and then we used the dividers below to hold longer-run cables (25-ft, 40-ft, 50-ft).

Should be easy to stash these off to the side, and you can lock them if necessary (with a separate padlock).

https://gatorcases.com/products/utility/ata-tour-style-utility-cases/g-tour-truck-pack/truck-pack-trunk-30x22x22-12mm-w-dividers-g-tourtrk302212/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.