ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Practical Step-By-Step Guide To Success With Wireless/RF  (Read 2046 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
A Practical Step-By-Step Guide To Success With Wireless/RF
« on: April 26, 2019, 12:00:22 PM »

Illuminating The Dark Art: A Practical Step-By-Step Guide To Success With Wireless/RF
When approached systematically, managing RF for wireless microphone and IEM systems can actually be quite enjoyable in a nerdy kind of way!
By Becky Pell • April 26, 2019

On larger, complex shows and festivals, there’s usually a dedicated RF tech setting up and managing wireless systems, but on many tours it falls to the monitor engineer. While RF often gets referred to as a “dark art,” in truth it’s a science which, approached systematically, can actually be quite enjoyable in a nerdy kind of way!

While I’m by no means a mega RF boffin, in my 20-plus years of touring I’ve developed a practical step-by-step approach that has served me well and which I hope will help you too.

Getting Started
Use RF only where necessary. Some band members/performers need to be completely mobile and so wireless in-ear monitor (IEM) and/or microphone systems are a must. But consider who needs them...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/illuminating-the-dark-art-a-practical-step-by-step-guide-to-success-with-wireless-rf/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

A Practical Step-By-Step Guide To Success With Wireless/RF
« on: April 26, 2019, 12:00:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.