ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville PS15P Level Issue  (Read 1564 times)

Bernard Fernand

Yorkville PS15P Level Issue
« on: April 01, 2019, 12:04:03 AM »

Hey Guys......I have 4 PS15P from Yorkville....Although they're some great LOUD speakers....I seem to ran out of headroom a lot from any mixer I use Digital or analog....the speakers have a limit and clip light....when the board near clipping on the master out.....the limit lights up occasionally but the clip light never came on....(which is a good thing) that's with the speakers at max volume.. at the master volume into the line xlr input.....I tried it at the mic XLR input  for a lil bit....but is seems to work a bit louder when the mic input at half & the master volume at half but I usually leave it at the line xlr input (Where it suppose to be when it comes to powered speakers.) Well I just want to know for guys that use the yorkie ps15p or similar... what input do you use and levels do you use to get full output where the limit light steadily stays on and clips barely lit when the mixer at it's full output.....I know I can squeeze more output out of those speakers.

Pat Cognitore

Re: Yorkville PS15P Level Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »

If the speaker limits when the board is at or just before clipping wouldn't that mean you ARE getting max output from the speakers?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 12:22:10 AM »

If the speaker limits when the board is at or just before clipping wouldn't that mean you ARE getting max output from the speakers?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No not really but when it comes to PS15P it have a limit light and a clip like just like the EF500 .. when I use a ef500 a while back i use to run them hard sometimes to the point where the limit light stays on and the clip light lit occasionally at half from the master at line level input but the ps15 I have now i can only run em where the limit light occasionally but the clip light never came on. Which means I know I can push these speakers more.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 12:24:48 AM »

Are you really pushing the mixer to the edge of clipping?
Is this live band or DJ use?
How exactly are you connecting from the mixer to speakers.. XLR cables?

I have used just about every speaker in that lineup and have no problem at all getting the limit lights on pretty consistently with the mixer nowhere near clipping, but that is with DJs. So I wonder if it is a question of dynamics or lack there of, if your use is strictly live band some compression might give you what you're looking for as would simply turning up the master level on the box.

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:42:53 AM »

Are you really pushing the mixer to the edge of clipping?
Is this live band or DJ use?
How exactly are you connecting from the mixer to speakers.. XLR cables?

I have used just about every speaker in that lineup and have no problem at all getting the limit lights on pretty consistently with the mixer nowhere near clipping, but that is with DJs. So I wonder if it is a question of dynamics or lack there of, if your use is strictly live band some compression might give you what you're looking for as would simply turning up the master level on the box.

Yup Strictly for live band use....Yesterday I was mixing on a Presonus Studiolive 32r but I dont use compressor or limiter on the master out for those yorkville speakers since their protection is pretty good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:42:53 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.