ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath Waves Card Question  (Read 1535 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Allen & Heath Waves Card Question
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »

The SQ WAVES CARD, when plugged into the I/O port of a SQ mixer, can I do multi-track recording and run WAVES plug-in simultaneously? Help much appreciated!
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

MikeHarris

Re: Allen & Heath Waves Card Question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 05:00:50 AM »

Maybe a question for your rep...but I do know a recent dLive sale included both Waves and Dante..Dante for recording. I can ask later today

Matthias McCready

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »

The SQ WAVES CARD, when plugged into the I/O port of a SQ mixer, can I do multi-track recording and run WAVES plug-in simultaneously? Help much appreciated!

Yes, you can do this. Soundgrid can connect to multiple devices, I think it is at least 6-8. Theoretically, you could run it to a computer for Multitracking, a server and 2nd computer for plugins, and to other locations such as second waves enabled console for a broadcast desk. There are also bridges from waves to Dante or MADI.

Waves made a helpful chart.

Not sure about stability with a complex setup as I have only worked with simpler setups.

Hope that helps :-)

Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Michael Gazdziak

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »

In the overview tab on this page:
https://www.waves.com/live-sound/allen-heath
it says you can only do "Simultaneous Recording & Processing" with SoundGrid configuration, which "uses a dedicated SoundGrid DSP Server to power the plugin processing."

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »

In the overview tab on this page:
https://www.waves.com/live-sound/allen-heath
it says you can only do "Simultaneous Recording & Processing" with SoundGrid configuration, which "uses a dedicated SoundGrid DSP Server to power the plugin processing."

Thank you guys for the helpful info. So looks like native mode (without Sound Grid server) cannot process and record simultaneously. I will contact my rep as well.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Mark Oakley

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »

Thank you guys for the helpful info. So looks like native mode (without Sound Grid server) cannot process and record simultaneously. I will contact my rep as well.

I'm using an iLive with a Waves M2 card. "Native" mode simply means either recording or running plugins on a host PC with higher latency, but not both. With a Soundgrid server you can record and process plugins simultaneously.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.