ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap but usable Movers for bar bands  (Read 10060 times)

Terry Martin

Re: Cheap but usable Movers for bar bands
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 10:49:36 AM »

Posting for reference to diode wattage. 

The two beams going “up” / “out” in this pic are from two Chauvet Intimidator Spot 350 (LED).  They are 75 watt diodes - not sure I’d want much less LED than that.

The scanners are Chauvet Intimidator Scan 300 (LED).   They are 60 watt diodes.  Couple of blizzard pars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 02:05:07 PM »

Thanks all for the info.  Lots to look at and process.  Much appreciated .

Regarding a hazer - what small unit would work to put just a touch of haze on the stage but not set off fire alarms (my pet fear).

--Kevin

Taylor Hall

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »

Thanks all for the info.  Lots to look at and process.  Much appreciated .

Regarding a hazer - what small unit would work to put just a touch of haze on the stage but not set off fire alarms (my pet fear).

--Kevin
There is no real good answer for this as there are several different types of systems out there. Some are purely based off of detecting particulates in the air (either ionization or photoelectric) which can trigger regardless of the amount of haze/fog, others are temperature-based, and more still are a hybrid of the two. Asking the venue beforehand will let you know if it's kosher or not, and be prepared to pay a fire marshal to hang around during the event if they're allowed to disable the system.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 03:58:14 PM »

Hmmm.  That is Waaay beyond what I want to invest in providing lights. (Fire Marshall).

--Kevin

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 04:46:34 PM »

Posting for reference to diode wattage. 

The two beams going “up” / “out” in this pic are from two Chauvet Intimidator Spot 350 (LED).  They are 75 watt diodes - not sure I’d want much less LED than that.

The scanners are Chauvet Intimidator Scan 300 (LED).   They are 60 watt diodes.  Couple of blizzard pars.[/img]

I have a some Chauvet Intimidator Spot 255 IRC movers with 60 Watt LED's and some Intimidator Scan 305 IRC scanners. I can vouch for not going less than 75 watts on the movers.  I use contrasting colors when possible giving the brighter color to movers and scanners. Still, there are times when it seems the beams barely cut through the washes... even when I run washes around 35%.

Mal Brown

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »

Being a sucker for cheap Chinese clicked.The moving wash is down to $44 and a 25 or 30 watt moving head beam was down low as well.  I grabbed 2 of each to eval... will report back when they land...  the beamers look pretty much like what I have now.

Beamers are smaller and not as powerful as what I have now from Monoprice but...  they are basically 1/3rd the cost.  Will they be useful ?  Time wil tell.  I’m not going to purchase more  of them at this point.

The moving washes are another matter. They seem like they will be real useful and I’m pulling in a few more of those.  At $45 a throw they don’t have to much to earn their keep...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »

I found some 60 watt led movers that came in at about $500 shipped for 6.   I ordered from AliExpress on 4/3 and they still have not shipped.  We will see if they arrive at all.   May still be looking.

Ah, the thrill of the hunt.......

-Kevin   

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 12:27:22 PM »

Just a follow up on this.  The movers finally came (slow boat) after about 3-4 weeks.  All seem to be operating.  They are small, have fairly narrow beams (wish they were wider), and pretty bright compared to my other crummy fill lights.  They seem to move and dim ok.  Just started programming so I'll know more later. 

FWIW the $500 for the 6 lights was the tip of the iceberg.  I needed another ethernet-dmx node, t tops (2) hanging clamps (6), wireless dmx xmit/rcv doodads (set of 3) and some dmx cables and terminators.    That all cost nearly what the lights cost.

Expensive education but I expect I could sell most of it as a complete setup to some DJ and make most of it back.

--Kevin

Steve Garris

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »

Just a follow up on this.  The movers finally came (slow boat) after about 3-4 weeks.  All seem to be operating.  They are small, have fairly narrow beams (wish they were wider), and pretty bright compared to my other crummy fill lights.  They seem to move and dim ok.  Just started programming so I'll know more later. 

FWIW the $500 for the 6 lights was the tip of the iceberg.  I needed another ethernet-dmx node, t tops (2) hanging clamps (6), wireless dmx xmit/rcv doodads (set of 3) and some dmx cables and terminators.    That all cost nearly what the lights cost.

Expensive education but I expect I could sell most of it as a complete setup to some DJ and make most of it back.

--Kevin

Can you show us a link to those fixtures?

Rob Gow

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »

Don’t forget safety cables.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.