ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powercon NAC3MPx inline connector?  (Read 2328 times)

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Powercon NAC3MPx inline connector?
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »

Has anyone seen anything like this in the US?:  Linky Linky

I'd like to be able to put together a Powercon NAC3MPA to L6-20 cable, instead of building an NAC3FCB to L6-20 cable and putting a (costly) NEC3MM-1 powercon barrel in the middle.

Lex Products has these, but I just want the connector, not the assembly

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Re: Powercon NAC3MPx inline connector?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:56:52 AM »

I fabricated something similar when I first put together a PowerCon system.  For rooms where I couldn't use the distro, these allow me to use regular wall outlets.  But by the time you put it all together using appropriate parts, they might even cost more than the Neutrik coupler, which is only a $25 item (I think).  These were made with Spectre PVC conduit parts and a T&B cable gland.

GTD

Taylor Hall

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »

I fabricated something similar when I first put together a PowerCon system.  For rooms where I couldn't use the distro, these allow me to use regular wall outlets.  But by the time you put it all together using appropriate parts, they might even cost more than the Neutrik coupler, which is only a $25 item (I think).  These were made with Spectre PVC conduit parts and a T&B cable gland.

GTD
Those couplers can be had for a little over $15 on parts-express these days, and you get a spare input receptacle after you scavenge it~
https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-nac3mm-1-powercon-cable-coupler--092-288
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »

Those couplers can be had for a little over $15 on parts-express these days, and you get a spare input receptacle after you scavenge it~
https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-nac3mm-1-powercon-cable-coupler--092-288

Does anyone know where to buy just the pictured aluminum extrusion that fits "D" size panel connectors in bulk? It would be really nice to have a stick from which you could cut pieces to make all manner of signal, speaker, and power adapters, and even little circuit projects. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Taylor Hall

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »

Does anyone know where to buy just the pictured aluminum extrusion that fits "D" size panel connectors in bulk? It would be really nice to have a stick from which you could cut pieces to make all manner of signal, speaker, and power adapters, and even little circuit projects. --Frank
Funnily enough, yes, but they're only a couple dollars cheaper than the fully made ones, so by the time you got powercon ends, they'd cost more somehow. Handy for building something that uses  XLR, ethercon or speakon, though.

https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-na-housing-d-shape-adapter-module-housing--092-2244
1) Do it right

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »

Funnily enough, yes, but they're only a couple dollars cheaper than the fully made ones, so by the time you got powercon ends, they'd cost more somehow. Handy for building something that uses  XLR, ethercon or speakon, though.

https://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-na-housing-d-shape-adapter-module-housing--092-2244

Taylor, thanks, I found those, which will certainly get the job done and, as  you point out, you can get a couple of connectors thrown in cheap by buying an assembly. I was hoping to find the raw extrusion, say in a 6 or 10 ft length, that I could take to the chop saw to make my own of any length. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Taylor Hall

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »

Taylor, thanks, I found those, which will certainly get the job done and, as  you point out, you can get a couple of connectors thrown in cheap by buying an assembly. I was hoping to find the raw extrusion, say in a 6 or 10 ft length, that I could take to the chop saw to make my own of any length. --Frank
Ah-ha, yeah that would be the kicker. I'd have to dig a bit to see if any suppliers have something like that.
1) Do it right

Doug Boyd

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »

Not lengths but still useful and low cost

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-lot-PowerCon-AC-Coupler-empty-casing-Aluminum/32767677319.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dTVJZ6p

Doug Boyd
Stageworks Audio Ltd
Auckland
New Zealand

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 04:41:52 PM »

Check with RAPCO. their BLOX series of devices are in D size two piece extrusion. Maybe they would sell it bulk sizes.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 04:41:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.