ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 64 Channel PreSonus?  (Read 3554 times)

Douglas R. Allen

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:46:47 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: 64 Channel PreSonus?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »

I'm guessing you'd need another stage box (es) to do it.
Obviously!  The PreSonus product page is quite clear that the desk has 32 local ins, and that you use whatever combination of stageboxes you need to get to the max 64.

Quite a fader count (24+8) for such a compact surface - but the PreSonus is too out on a limb for me.

Roland Clarke

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »

I would hazard at a guess that if you were doing a job that required 64 channels, the budget would probably be for something else.

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »

The idea of a 64 channel PreSonus makes me think of a quintuple-wide mobile home   ::)  -F
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »

haha quintuple-wide mobile....  not far from the truth, at least based on my experience with Presonus products about 10 years ago.  At least they're not trying to do it without motorized faders this time around!   

I do love the claims like "the StudioLive 64S is not just the best digital mixer for live sound recording; it’s the best digital mixer for the studio as well", "no other mixer can match its 128-channel (64x64) USB recording" and "the most powerful and flexible digital console available". 

Doesn't the Yamaha TF-series use a 64x64 Dante card?  Doesn't the Soundcraft SI Impact do something like 80 channels now?  Just to name a couple off the top of my head that don't cost a small fortune, from brands known for their mixers.

If they went on to say "in this price bracket" I'd give it to them.  But making claims like this that are so obviously false doesn't earn brownie points with me. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »

haha quintuple-wide mobile....  not far from the truth, at least based on my experience with Presonus products about 10 years ago.  At least they're not trying to do it without motorized faders this time around!   

I do love the claims like "the StudioLive 64S is not just the best digital mixer for live sound recording; it’s the best digital mixer for the studio as well", "no other mixer can match its 128-channel (64x64) USB recording" and "the most powerful and flexible digital console available". 

Doesn't the Yamaha TF-series use a 64x64 Dante card?  Doesn't the Soundcraft SI Impact do something like 80 channels now?  Just to name a couple off the top of my head that don't cost a small fortune, from brands known for their mixers.

If they went on to say "in this price bracket" I'd give it to them.  But making claims like this that are so obviously false doesn't earn brownie points with me.

"In this price bracket" is something that customers tend to not readily understand when the marketing bullet-point features (input/output quantity, buses/mixes, internal FX, etc) tend to look the same.  They don't readily see the differences between a Yamaha M3000 and a PM3000, except in the price.

The rest of the marketing-speak?  Run it through a 48dB/lie Blather Filter and it comes out as:  "Our AudioThing is a lot like the rest of them or we'd say more specific things here; we'll use hyperbole instead."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:01:32 PM »

And they're still celebrating having only recently joined the moving fader market by having cheesy video of fader bank sine waves - I thought that had died out about a decade ago...

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 08:27:32 AM »

" They don't readily see the differences between a Yamaha M3000 and a PM3000, except in the price."
Well, I'd carry an M3000, but not use it.
I'd use the PM3000, but no way I want to carry it......
Can't put a price on your back.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Mal Brown

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

A 64 Chevy Studio Live...  snore....
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Noah D Mitchell

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 06:48:19 PM »

The idea of a 64 channel PreSonus makes me think of a quintuple-wide mobile home   ::)  -F

Truer words rarely spoken...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 06:48:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.