ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation DANTE Solution  (Read 1526 times)

James Voakes

• James Voakes
Installation DANTE Solution
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:11:48 AM »

Hi All,

I'm looking to do a sizeable DANTE installation at a client site, and being completely honest - I've never done one before.

The general principal of DANTE is fine, and getting it to work is not a problem. I have got the virtual sound card and got some PoE DANTE speakers on order. My previous trade has been a network engineer - so again, this is not an issue.

However, due to my lack of experience I have the following issue:
I have specified a multi-track DANTE media player server in the form of a Medialon MAS Pro DANTE 32-ch. This will be distributed to around 64 speakers, most of which will actually share the same stereo channels. I have now since had another audio source drop in - an analogue input from a digital AV player. Our Medialon system doesn't support external inputs into its mixer (AFAIK), so I'm now forced to come to a different solution. Ultimately, the problem arises because I need to ensure that an emergency audio track can be played to all speakers, so how do I get this extra input to play most of the time, except when interrupted by said messages?

In this scenario, the AV player, and speakers are actually in the same room but linking via analogue is not a solution for us. So I have the following choice at the moment, unless DANTE can do something clever?

Use DANTE AVIO modules and route independently of other audio channels on the network, and then have a second set of speakers for global output from our media server. Problem with this ultimately is still ducking the volume to allow the announcement to be heard.

Background on our other hardware:
- Managed PoE switches with VLAN, IGMP etc. and exceptional throughput
- Monacor DT05 general speakers
- DANTE AVIO for high power speakers
- Show Control system that can interface to API's in an unlimited fashion

The system is being installed in a different country to my own, hence the want to move everything to IP. I am open to a solution that involves an extra bit of kit maybe, but realistically the cost impact of that has to be minimal.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know if anything needs clarifying to help form a solution.

Cailen Waddell

Re: Installation DANTE Solution
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »

You would need an audio processor of some sort...

The POE speakers don’t have a mixer do they?

The Yamaha MRX I think has a 64 x 64 Dante engine and mixing engine.   It also has a contact closure that can duck audio for an announcement, triggered from a fire alarm circuit.  It’s about a $5k professor I think so probably relatively affordable considering the scope of the system. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Installation DANTE Solution
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.