ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DriveRack PA2 Grounding Issue??  (Read 421 times)

Nick Longden

DriveRack PA2 Grounding Issue??
« on: March 24, 2019, 11:38:35 am »

Ok...Iím frustrated. Iíve run three gigs now with my new DriveRack, and the problem Iíve faced each time now is interesting. I have the DR plugged into a power conditioner at the stage with my amplifiers. Iíve run at two separate venues now, and as soon as I fire up the DR, the input level meters on the front of unit start peaking. If I turn on the amps, (I only made that mistake once!) there is an awful buzz that comes through. The solution, Iíve found, is to run an extension cable all the back to my mixer.  It seems, that as long as the PA2 is on the same circuit as the FOH, it operates fine. But the minute I plug into another circuit, it goes crazy. Has anyone heard of this? Iíve decided Iím going to move the PA2 into my FOH rack, but Iím curious as to the reasoning for this. Never had this problem before the DriveRack.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: DriveRack PA2 Grounding Issue??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 12:25:30 pm »

Ok...Iím frustrated.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DriveRack PA2 Grounding Issue??
¬ę Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 12:25:30 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.