ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RF explorer- compatible software  (Read 2605 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: RF explorer- compatible software
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 03:38:48 AM »

However, there are some tricks that one can use to accomplish good results with the native software that are clunky and time-consuming.  Since RFEx auto-adjusts RBW based on its span settings, exporting multiple consecutive sweeps of narrow span and combining the exported files with Excel into one large CSV is viable.  The PITA factor can be mitigated with some skilled automating of the required steps via scripting and Excel VBA macros.  FWIW, I did that in the past and ended up preferring Touchstone's quirks and cost, by far.

I bodged together a little Python script that will do basically the same thing by talking directly to the hardware (i.e. make sure no other software is talking to the RFEx; double-click on the script; wait for the command line program to finish; load the CSV file into WWB). It's not elegant, but it is pretty quick and painless and seems to get the job done.

Are the exported sweeps in Touchstone averaged at all?

-Russ

Gian Luca Cavalliini

• Live on Stage
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »

I bodged together a little Python script that will do basically the same thing by talking directly to the hardware (i.e. make sure no other software is talking to the RFEx; double-click on the script; wait for the command line program to finish; load the CSV file into WWB). It's not elegant, but it is pretty quick and painless and seems to get the job done.

Are the exported sweeps in Touchstone averaged at all?

-Russ

Not sure to have correctly understand your question... what I know is Touchstone let users modify RBW INDEPENDENTLY. I usually do about  60 consequently scan and than export max trace in csv (WWB format). I live in Italy (Europe), DVB-T channels are 8 MHz wide, so I usually do 80MHz scan with RBW 50 or 100 KHz, that's enough to common venue scan. Sometimes I need to go more precise and use specific range with RBW of 10kHz. CSV imported in WWB seems to me to be exact rappresentation of Max Trace. You can also export "last trace" but usually I don't go this way.
LOUDER! - illustrated history of audio and live show evolution. http://www.patreon.com/gianlucacavallini

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.