ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha QL5 dante issue  (Read 426 times)

Luis Antelo

Yamaha QL5 dante issue
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:57:30 am »

Hi

Right now I'm on tour with an Yamaha Ql5. My setup is:
Rio 3224, Yamaha Ql5 and Macbook connected through an cisco sg200 switch.

With this setup, my dante controller on the computer recognizes my Rio 3224 and my local DVS,  but doesn't sees my mixer Ql5. On the other side, when I go to dante setup on my mixer, I see my RIO3224, but the DVS on my computer appears marked as  VIRTUAL.

In the above situation, I can do the show without problems and do multitrack recording on my MAC. I really don't get, if my mixer and my computer can work with the same RIO without glitches, why each one doesn't see the other???.

The only way my mixer sees my computer is when I do a direct connection between the QL5 and my MAC, without using the switch. This is the way I can do a virtual soundcheck... But with this setup, obviously, there is no RIO connected.

Any ideas, suggestions???

Thanks

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka

Re: Yamaha QL5 dante issue
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:26:22 am »

Hi

With this setup, my dante controller on the computer recognizes my Rio 3224 and my local DVS,  but doesn't sees my mixer Ql5. On the other side, when I go to dante setup on my mixer, I see my RIO3224, but the DVS on my computer appears marked as  VIRTUAL.

In the above situation, I can do the show without problems and do multitrack recording on my MAC. I really don't get, if my mixer and my computer can work with the same RIO without glitches, why each one doesn't see the other???.

The only way my mixer sees my computer is when I do a direct connection between the QL5 and my MAC, without using the switch. This is the way I can do a virtual soundcheck... But with this setup, obviously, there is no RIO connected.

Thanks

Luis, can you ping the QL5 Dante interface from the laptop via the switch? In Dante controller, if you go to the device info tab, does the QL 5 appear, but in red? Are all your devices operating in self assigned mode or do they statically assigned IPs?

All this info will help.

Regards,
Phillip

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:29:53 am »

You need to double check that all of the devices, your QL5 and RIO have the most up to date Dante firmware, and that you are using the most recent version of DVS and Dante Controller. Even minor differences in the firmware can make some units not show up. 

Also, don't worry about DVS showing "virtual" they almost always do, and I think there were some troubleshooting steps done that showed that leaving it as showing "virtual" on the console provides more stability. But you should check that the console is set to patch Dante from Dante Controller, and not the console.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Mike Eiseman

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 07:51:27 pm »

Hi

Thanks

i'd suggest a different switch - the SG200 might be contributing to your issues

see this recent discussion on this topic on Dante Users Forum on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/318162611984491/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.