Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

DMX Lighting Control Application Software

(1/4) > >>

Steve-White:
Hey guys & gals.

I'm setting up a DJ system and need to help with lighting.  Got the DMX thing figured out enough to program controllers.  I have a simple ADJ for around the shop and backup and a Chauvet obey 40 & an obey 70.  6 moving heads and several other fixtures to control.  Want 32 channel capability.

Also picked up an ADJ mydmxRM rack mount controller.  The software MyDMX 3.0 isn't much on the intuitive side for me. 

Realization is that I need laptop control, or a controller that can take program downloads.  If a stand alone controller dumps at a gig ya need a backup.  Takes too long to program a decent light show to risk loosing the program.

So, what's a good laptop application that will run on Win 7 64, or Win 10?

Thanks!

Bob Faulkner:
Probably the easiest to use:

https://www.qlcplus.org/

Mal Brown:
Onyx Obsidian and an Enttech compatible controller.  My experience with QLC + was frustrating.

David Allred:

--- Quote from: Steven A. White on March 09, 2019, 06:18:59 PM ---Hey guys & gals.

Realization is that I need laptop control, or a controller that can take program downloads.  If a stand alone controller dumps at a gig ya need a backup.  Takes too long to program a decent light show to risk loosing the program.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean here.  The programmed scenes are saved on the computer, gmail, etc.
The backup scenario is universal.

veditor78:
Funny, when I read the first sentence the first suggestion that came to mind was MyDMX3. I found it a great solution for DJs.

I'll second the Onyx Obsidian. It was Martin software until not too long ago. Elation bought it and is doing great things with it. You'll be seeing a lot of updates coming for it soon. It's free to download and play around with. I highly suggest going through the tutorial videos to learn as it may not be initially intuitive. Once you play with it a bit it becomes very intuitive.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version