ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going Cellular: Call-In Connectivity For The Entire Church Congregation  (Read 2045 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Going Cellular: Call-In Connectivity For The Entire Church Congregation
Looking at two products offering congregations the ability to create a call-in radio ministry with live phone calls during worship services.
By Mike Sokol • March 11, 2019

I’ve been teaching sound/mixing seminars at churches for the past 20 years, and over that time, I’ve seen a lot of production approaches in their infancy. Some have been great (headset microphones and in-ear monitors being near the top of the list), while others never really caught on – such as the time I worked with a pastor who wanted a totally waterproof wireless beltpack transmitter (with mic) so he could immerse himself while doing baptisms.

Here’s an approach that I believe has a lot of merit in our modern world: the ability for congregations to take live phone calls live during worship services, just like a call-in radio ministry. You know the deal – a radio host takes calls from listeners on every Bible topic imaginable.

Note that I’m not suggesting turning services into call-in shows (well, unless you really want to), but think of the possibilities...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/going-cellular-call-in-connectivity-for-the-entire-church-congregation/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.