ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 2505 times)

Travis_Valois

Re: I need some help
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 04:51:49 PM »

Are the current PRX’s still running the woofer at 2ohms ?  The 12’s in my long home 612m monitors were.   Those things were a miserable experience for me.
700 and 800 series have 4 ohm woofers. ( Hence the G suffix on woofer model instead of F)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »

I'm sure they are. I had a set of PRX 500 series and they did amazing for me. The new 800 series stuff isn't as good overall I think, but they sound decent, perform well and with modest use will last 10 years. Mine made it 10 years with regular use every week. The 2ohm thing is because of the dual coil design. The only downside to that design is that gravity does pull down on the longer coil and it can cause it to get crooked in the gap. Every year or so, simply rotate the woofer 180* and problem solved. Don't ask how I found that out......

Interesting. I had to replace a 615 woofer, so I was aware of the 2 ohm speaker (I purchased mine used). I'm going to have my grills powdercoated, so I'll rotate the woofers at that time. Good to know!

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »

When I lost a woofer ( I think due to a little bit of negligence form the hired operator ) the coil was nicked at the very end near the back and on the bottom. I did the re-cone so I did the autopsy, and I could tell it was sagging a little bit. I had a similar incident with the sub. Again the coil rubbed on the back bottom end of the coil. So I made sure I rotated the woofers every so often to allow gravity to fix the issue for me.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.