ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a wireless com recommendation  (Read 1670 times)

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
Need a wireless com recommendation
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »

Hello --
I've been asked to recommend wireless com to replace BTR700 series com at a local college theatre. This would need to interface with all the existing Telex wired com. They only need a couple/few packs. They have no issues with the BTR700 stuff they have, other than it being in no-longer-legal frequency bands.  Com is not something I deal with enough to know what is even available. Please, nothing in the 2.4GHz range, it is a college campus, with thousands of wi-fi devices devices wandering around.

Thanks,
Ed Walters
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Need a wireless com recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »

Hello --
I've been asked to recommend wireless com to replace BTR700 series com at a local college theatre. This would need to interface with all the existing Telex wired com. They only need a couple/few packs. They have no issues with the BTR700 stuff they have, other than it being in no-longer-legal frequency bands.  Com is not something I deal with enough to know what is even available. Please, nothing in the 2.4GHz range, it is a college campus, with thousands of wi-fi devices devices wandering around.

Thanks,
Ed Walters

Clearcom Freespeak II Base 2. 1.9 Ghz transceivers/beltpacks.  Should be basically a drop in replacement.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »

Clearcom Freespeak II Base 2. 1.9 Ghz transceivers/beltpacks.  Should be basically a drop in replacement.

A far more capable drop in replacement. It is pricey, but all the current systems are. Freespeak and Riedel's Bolero both operate in the 1.92GHz band Dect channels which allow for a maximum of 50 wireless packs per system. Another option is the Radio Active Designs system which supports 6 packs per base station and each base station supports 2 channels.RAD Comm uses UHF frequencies for base to pack transmissions and VHF for pack to base. Freespeak packs are 4 channel, and Bolero are 6 channel.

Mac

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:13:11 PM »

Hello --

Thanks,
Ed Walters

Lowest cost (about same as Telex) and best replacement
Pliant Crew Com 900 MHz band    http://plianttechnologies.com/products/crewcom.html

Can have up to 6 Beltpacks

Beltpack  CREWCOM 900MHZ 2-VOL/2-CONF RP22 RADIO PACK
Control unit   CREWCOM 2+2 CONTROL UNIT
Antenna     CREWCOM 900MHZ RADIO TRANSCEIVER

for more info   http://www.bestaudio.com/crewcom

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 02:15:04 AM »

Question (out of ignorance as much as anything else): if you like the BTRs, have you considered upgrading to the BTR-800? My impression was that the E88 band is legal in North America (and not available in the BTR-700).

-Russ

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »

Question (out of ignorance as much as anything else): if you like the BTRs, have you considered upgrading to the BTR-800? My impression was that the E88 band is legal in North America (and not available in the BTR-700).

The E88 band should still be legal, but it's still old BTR with narrow tuning blocks and might not be usable in the post-repack landscape. Buy something modern and save the remaining UHF space for more critical applications such as mics and IEMs.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »

-Russ

for the same price (assuming you cant buy it used) as a BTR 800 4 BP system, you can get the CrewCom system I listed above
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.