ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPEC - Live Performance Electrical Certificate  (Read 3774 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: LPEC - Live Performance Electrical Certificate
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »

I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if there is any correlation between electricians scores on their qualification exams and their life expectancy?

At least for the Maryland Master Electrician test, there's a time limit with too many questions to spend enough time on each one. For example, the final 6 questions count 5 points each, but each one is a test in itself where you have to determine the size of the feeder transformer powering different building, such as an apartment complex, college dorm, commercial store front, etc. So I can spend maybe 10 minutes on each question max, and you have to show your work. If I was in the business of installing electrical power for apartment buildings (which I have never done, or plan to do) then I would spend a lot more than 10 minutes determining the size of the transformer based on the number of units in the building, number electric ovens, number of electric clothes dryers, air conditioning units, etc... If fact I would probably build an Excel spreadsheet with all the proper formulas and de-rating percentages, then plug in the number of apartment units and appliances to get the final KVA value. It might take me a few hours to build the spreadsheet once and test it, but after that it would be 5 or 10 minutes of plug & chug for each calculation. Plus I find a lot of information via a search on the pdf, which is really quick (and perhaps a little lazy on my part). But the written test requires you to use a physical copy of the book and mark it up with little tabs. That does help a lot, but realistically that not how I work nowadays.   

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »

...and I passed with 95% on the exam!  Hopefully that 5% I got wrong doesn't kill me.  /satire *immediately knocks on wood*

FYI in the In the new maryland bill you can take the test and 70% is passing!!!!

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »

Good to know!  FWIW, the passing grade for the LPEC exam is also 70%.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.