ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF HDL6a Power Consumption  (Read 2262 times)

Josh Dunaway

RCF HDL6a Power Consumption
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:29:03 PM »

Does anyone have real world HDL6A power consumption info?  I've read the specs, but they seem to represent an unreasonable extreme. How many boxes do you typically run on a circuit?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: RCF HDL6a Power Consumption
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »

What makes you think RCF's specification is extreme?  My experience has been they're pretty much spot on, when flogging their rigs.

What's your anticipated duty cycle?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:20:22 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:55:07 PM »

We've put 6 x HDL 10A cabinets on a single 20amp circuit.  it was plenty loud.  Though, the HDL 10A cabinets were high-passed at 120hz.  We kept the bass out of the cabinets. 

Meant to add... I can run 6 X NXL-23A cabinets (our system) on 1 x 20amp circuit (high-passed at 120hz also).  There's been no power issues.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:58:59 PM by Bob Faulkner »

Stephen Snipes

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:32:39 AM »

I used 6 at an event last week and I'm almost sure they were on the same circuit.  I did 3 a side and the venue said the outlets were on separate circuits but I'm not convinced they were because one was labeled and the other wasn't yet they were right by each other.  One person said they were separate one said they weren't.  We have 6 here at work as well so we do plan to test it to see just so we know because we have a big event coming up in April and we are unsure of how much power we will have out there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:32:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.