ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR112 - problem again.  (Read 14101 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: DSR112 - problem again.
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »

I'll be curious of how that works for you. If it's small & not super loud, I find the PRX works perfectly.

I used the PRX's and they worked great.
However, maybe it is because I have been using the DSR's and SRX's for so long and I am used to how they sound but I didn't feel I quite got the vocal clarity and separation. I was running sound for a friend's band so Chris wasn't playing and on this rare occasion, he had the opportunity to sit with me and listen to FOH - he said he didn't notice th lack of clarity and said they sounded great.
That being said they did the job well and I think I will start using them more at the small shows to enjoy the lightness and ease of deployment. 
I got compliments on the sound so that is quite telling I suppose....They are warm and there is plenty of volume there and for the price they are hard to beat.
I used 2 PRX's for FOH and allocated my other 2 PRX's AND my non questionable DSR112 to  monitor duty.
The drummer was iem so I gave the PRX's to the guitar and bass player and gave the DSR to the singer. She RAVED about it and told me she has never had such clarity - well DUH!! LOL.
So I still consider the DSR's to be superior to the PRX's sound wise but at small club level, I'm not sure it is enough to matter much.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2019, 01:48:20 AM »

If he still has pain/weakness in his shoulder from an injury that occurred years ago, he needs to get physical therapy.  The injury might have healed, but the loss of flexibility/strength in the shoulder will persist until it is rehabbed.  I had the same thing:  a misdiagnosed shoulder injury that years later was weak and painful.  I could not throw a football without pain.  Luckily, I had insurance.  It took months of not-fun PT, but the shoulder is fine now.  Again, the shoulder is not going to get any better until he rehabs it.
+1 on this. Shoulder injuries can become chronic and lead to reduced strength and range of motion, as well as ongoing pain if not properly diagnosed and treated. Physical therapy is effective for many different kinds of shoulder injuries, although some require surgery. He should see a physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) or an orthopedist. The goals would be 1) to make sure it is not one of the uncommon shoulder injuries that would benefit more from surgery and 2) if not, to get a prescription for physical therapy and and overall rehabilitation plan. The rehab process often takes months, much of that time with substantial limitations on lifting and use of the shoulder and arms to give it time to heal. Injections can help temporarily but can weaken the shoulder tendons and often physical therapy alone is enough. The physical therapist can, based on the exact nature of the injury, give him guidance on what shoulder activities to do and to avoid, and may be able to help him find a safer way to get the speakers up on the poles.

Steve Garris

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »

I used the PRX's and they worked great.
However, maybe it is because I have been using the DSR's and SRX's for so long and I am used to how they sound but I didn't feel I quite got the vocal clarity and separation. I was running sound for a friend's band so Chris wasn't playing and on this rare occasion, he had the opportunity to sit with me and listen to FOH - he said he didn't notice th lack of clarity and said they sounded great.
That being said they did the job well and I think I will start using them more at the small shows to enjoy the lightness and ease of deployment. 
I got compliments on the sound so that is quite telling I suppose....They are warm and there is plenty of volume there and for the price they are hard to beat.
I used 2 PRX's for FOH and allocated my other 2 PRX's AND my non questionable DSR112 to  monitor duty.
The drummer was iem so I gave the PRX's to the guitar and bass player and gave the DSR to the singer. She RAVED about it and told me she has never had such clarity - well DUH!! LOL.
So I still consider the DSR's to be superior to the PRX's sound wise but at small club level, I'm not sure it is enough to matter much.

Good to hear! I believe when the mix out front sounds good so does the stage, and thus a good engineer gets praise regardless of monitor used.

Mark Dawson

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2019, 05:29:19 AM »

Maybe funny voltage on that circuit ?   My old (and gone) PRs 612m’s would not start once when everything K Series was happy.  Moved circuits and the PRX’s came to life and the K series still worked....  very odd but the K series being sold world wide may have a more robust and flexible power supply.

Mal, we had that happen once.   String of 612 simply wouldn’t go.   On a questionable generator.   Move to an alternative supply  and they fired up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »

I forgot to update everyone on the DSR thing....
So because I was concerned that this might be another intermittent fault, and that I would have to go through the whole back and forth taking it in to the shop and the tech not being able to find anything etc etc etc....I decided to try it out at a few shows instead. It is behaving normally with no issues whatsoever so unless I get any further problems I will put that failure a few weeks ago down to a power issue as was suggested here.

Also update on Chris's shoulder.
A few weeks ago, he started doing some dumbbell exercises every morning to strengthen the muscles around the shoulder joint based on advice of a friend - and it seems to be working.
He hasn't had any pain since and of course he is enjoying lifting the  lighter DSR's up onto stands at shows....

Thanks everyone for the advice and concern.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »

I forgot to update everyone on the DSR thing....
So because I was concerned that this might be another intermittent fault, and that I would have to go through the whole back and forth taking it in to the shop and the tech not being able to find anything etc etc etc....I decided to try it out at a few shows instead. It is behaving normally with no issues whatsoever so unless I get any further problems I will put that failure a few weeks ago down to a power issue as was suggested here.

That is my speaker exactly. I've got it down to 3-4 places that I can't use it

brian casterlin

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2021, 08:08:09 PM »

Love these I use em for monitors mostly. Bought four in 2015  found a demo as new last winter.  And just found my 6th one.  I did have one fixed near the beginning under warranty.  I avoid running them hard.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2021, 08:46:00 PM »

Love these I use em for monitors mostly. Bought four in 2015  found a demo as new last winter.  And just found my 6th one.  I did have one fixed near the beginning under warranty.  I avoid running them hard.
I ran the snot out of mine ;).

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2021, 08:47:26 PM »

John Fruits

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2021, 06:59:52 AM »

I ran the snot out of mine ;).
Do you get prolific snot before the magic smoke comes out?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2021, 06:59:52 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.