ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR112 - problem again.  (Read 14114 times)

Mike Karseboom

Re: DSR112 - problem again.
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 10:17:27 AM »

Geez Mike - you had another one go down since that last one you discussed on the forum or is it the same one you spoke of?
I only had/have two.  But each have had intermittent problems.  I do think it is just me that is jinxed on these boxes so don't want to cast more aspersions on a well respected product that works great for so many.  Plus, I commend Yamaha for standing behind them 100%. 
--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »

I only had/have two.  But each have had intermittent problems.  I do think it is just me that is jinxed on these boxes so don't want to cast more aspersions on a well respected product that works great for so many.  Plus, I commend Yamaha for standing behind them 100%.

As you know I too (eventually) got Yamaha's support.
My situation was exacerbated by the poor service I got from the repairer till that point so I do believe Yamaha are looking after their customers. I also believe like you that these are very isolated problems and nothing should be taken away from the product which is fantastic.
Until I find otherwise, I will put this recent incident of mine down to a fluke - power or something and just take my PRX712 with me to the shows as back up. I probably should be doing that anyway as we don't use wedges that I could fall back on in the event of a FOH failure. The guitar player uses my little DXR8 on a stand just for vocals (the only old school player in the band) so that wouldn't be enough and of course he needs it himself.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »

I feel his pain on lifting those SRX boxes to their poles! I have the 815p's, and they are really heavy. I almost dropped one last year trying to lift it off from a step ladder. The tilt up / tilt down method with subs doesn't work for me, as it was bending my K&M speaker poles. I can do this easily with my PRX 600 series system, but those tops are so lightweight that I can easily lift them on to the poles. I still use my PRX system more than the SRX, due to the ease of deployment. The PRX does great with small crowds of 250 or so.

The only speaker I've used that sounded as good as the SRX800 series but is lightweight, is the older, SRX700 passive series which sound really good!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »

I feel his pain on lifting those SRX boxes to their poles! I have the 815p's, and they are really heavy. I almost dropped one last year trying to lift it off from a step ladder. The tilt up / tilt down method with subs doesn't work for me, as it was bending my K&M speaker poles. I can do this easily with my PRX 600 series system, but those tops are so lightweight that I can easily lift them on to the poles. I still use my PRX system more than the SRX, due to the ease of deployment. The PRX does great with small crowds of 250 or so.

The only speaker I've used that sounded as good as the SRX800 series but is lightweight, is the older, SRX700 passive series which sound really good!

Agreed, agreed, agreed Steve.
It was the SRX815p's that Chris was lifting when the injury occurred.

I am starting to wonder whether I should use my PRX712's more than I do - I really prefer the sound of the DSR's/ SRX812p's but in the smaller clubs is it really that noticeable?? I used to have the PRX612's too and oh yes they are SO light. I could get them up on stands on my own!

I used to have the older SRX700 passive system too and yes - it was a great system!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »

Wow - well I could try that I suppose but it would only work with my SRX subs - the PRX's are attached to wheel dollies on the bottom.

In my case I was using KW181s which have the wheels on the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »

I use K&M poles. How were you doing the tilt?

I have the pole in the short position, horizontal. I slide the speaker on and then use one hand on the speaker handle and one on the pole as I lift it. Never felt a bit of concern about bending or stressing anything. I go gently.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »

In my case I was using KW181s which have the wheels on the rear.

Same with my SRX's Rob.

Steve Garris

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2019, 12:43:05 PM »

I use K&M poles. How were you doing the tilt?

I have the pole in the short position, horizontal. I slide the speaker on and then use one hand on the speaker handle and one on the pole as I lift it. Never felt a bit of concern about bending or stressing anything. I go gently.

It's a piece of cake with my PRX system. Place the sub on its side, place to top in the pole, tilt up. The PRX sub is tall and thin. OTOH, the SRX sub is wider and flat, and the 815p top is 63 lbs. It was bending my pole down where it threads in to the socket.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »

It's a piece of cake with my PRX system. Place the sub on its side, place to top in the pole, tilt up. The PRX sub is tall and thin. OTOH, the SRX sub is wider and flat, and the 815p top is 63 lbs. It was bending my pole down where it threads in to the socket.

I don't want to cause any stress on the poles, pole mounts, threads or pole cups and I fear this might happen if the walk up isn't done right or the speaker and pole isn't supported 100% of the way.
I have done it with tripods and it works quite well.
I wish the SRX812's and 815's weren't quite so heavy, although Chris says it is also about the awkwardness associated with shape and size as well as weight.

Gonna use my PRX712's tonight - smallish restaurant so keeping it compact.

Steve Garris

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

Gonna use my PRX712's tonight - smallish restaurant so keeping it compact.

I'll be curious of how that works for you. If it's small & not super loud, I find the PRX works perfectly.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.