ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR112 - problem again.  (Read 14095 times)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: DSR112 - problem again.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »

This might be moot, I can't remember if you Center cluster  your subs or I'm probably being Elementary here but have you tried laying the stands lying down inserting pole and standing them back up
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 02:07:45 PM »

Igetting the man a nice wheel dolly :P

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 02:08:52 PM »

One of those nice luggage carts from a hotel would do good

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »

Just hacksaw off the fancy top and you're all set

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »

Actually we use the subs on wheels to transport the tops so it's not the carrying in and out that is the problem OR the placing in the van. It's the lifting onto stands/ sub poles that does his shoulder in. I have told him to stop and ask for help - I can help him with them myself as I'm pretty capable but he doesn't let me know and by the time I have turned around - he has already done it himself....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2019, 02:14:32 PM »

This might be moot, I can't remember if you Center cluster  your subs or I'm probably being Elementary here but have you tried laying the stands lying down inserting pole and standing them back up

We pretty much always put the tops on the sub poles on the indoor shows so that won't work. I have tried the 'lying down the stand and walking them up' method and it works quite well - even I can load up the SRX's that way.  My husband is impatient and won't listen so I gotta work with that.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 02:25:57 PM »

Maybe you could mother hen him until he brings those in and help.
 Most men aren't going to ask for help "giterdone"unless they absolutely have to.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »

Maybe you could mother hen him until he brings those in and help.
 Most men aren't going to ask for help "giterdone"unless they absolutely have to.

Yes - true. We spoke just today about it and he has promised me he will hold off placing them on the stands or removing them until he has help. We will see...
He can handle the DSR's on his own with no ill effects - its just the way he positions his body when he lifts them up and removes them.

The DSR's are still going strong up there - I have the iPod library set on repeat......

Les Kanekuni

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »

If he still has pain/weakness in his shoulder from an injury that occurred years ago, he needs to get physical therapy.  The injury might have healed, but the loss of flexibility/strength in the shoulder will persist until it is rehabbed.  I had the same thing:  a misdiagnosed shoulder injury that years later was weak and painful.  I could not throw a football without pain.  Luckily, I had insurance.  It took months of not-fun PT, but the shoulder is fine now.  Again, the shoulder is not going to get any better until he rehabs it.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

If he still has pain/weakness in his shoulder from an injury that occurred years ago, he needs to get physical therapy.  The injury might have healed, but the loss of flexibility/strength in the shoulder will persist until it is rehabbed.  I had the same thing:  a misdiagnosed shoulder injury that years later was weak and painful.  I could not throw a football without pain.  Luckily, I had insurance.  It took months of not-fun PT, but the shoulder is fine now.  Again, the shoulder is not going to get any better until he rehabs it.

Thanks Les....we are getting a bit concerned. It was the NYE show 2017 so just over a year ago.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.