ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR112 - problem again.  (Read 14096 times)

Mal Brown

Re: DSR112 - problem again.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »

Maybe funny voltage on that circuit ?   My old (and gone) PRs 612m’s would not start once when everything K Series was happy.  Moved circuits and the PRX’s came to life and the K series still worked....  very odd but the K series being sold world wide may have a more robust and flexible power supply.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jay Marr

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »

A&H Qu Pac

Got ya.  No shrill with the Qu-Pac

Was curious what Steve was using where he hears them being shrill.

Jay Marr

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »

And there-in lies the problem Jay - It hasn't happened since. I can keep trying it out but no issues each time.

And those are the worst problems!

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 11:58:30 PM »

Maybe I will sell my DSR's when I have a conclusion to this and get a set of DZR's.

The last time you posted that you were getting DZRs, you ended up getting a mixing board instead.

Steve Garris

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

Got ya.  No shrill with the Qu-Pac

Was curious what Steve was using where he hears them being shrill.

The shrill I mentioned is with the DSR on the floor for FB (Aux mix). I did use them once as mains, but didn't care for the lack of low-mid punch as compared to the PRX's 15's I have. My mixer is a Mackie DL1608, which does not sound remotely "shrill" when used with my SRX and PRX mains. I now have a Souncraft Ui24 that I'm still in learning mode with.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »

Maybe funny voltage on that circuit ?   My old (and gone) PRs 612m’s would not start once when everything K Series was happy.  Moved circuits and the PRX’s came to life and the K series still worked....  very odd but the K series being sold world wide may have a more robust and flexible power supply.

It has to be a voltage sag issue. i have one that will stay on 90% of the time. But some rooms it will go off. Comes right back on. I have to watch where I use it. It's on injured reserve as we speak... ;D

Scott Bolt

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »

Hi Debbie,

Wow... just ...wow.

Maybe you should pick up one of these:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L58BDG7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07L58BDG7&pd_rd_w=T2jhJ&pf_rd_p=733540df-430d-45cd-9525-21bc15b0e6cc&pd_rd_wg=OUvLu&pf_rd_r=8FEADDV8CQ6M9Y6P4MNR&pd_rd_r=1444f1e8-3a2e-11e9-8857-518f15906d37

You could check out the socket for good wiring and voltage.  Hopefully Kemper Watson had it right and that is all it is.

I haven't had any issues since I got my rattling woofer fixed.  Both my DSR's have been performing beautifully.  I really hope you just had a bad socket doing that.

I have plugged into tons of different sockets and have even run on a generator that was obviously not keeping up with the load (lights dimmed every time the kick was hit) and still never had a DSR go out.

Maybe you should get a paper trail going for this speaker so if it happens after warranty, you can claim it is a pre-existing condition :)

I hope things work out for you.  You don't deserve this bad luck.

FWIW, I have heard some people say that the ribbon cable inside the DSR can get dirty contacts and need to be cleaned up.  If your speaker is in warranty, maybe you could suggest a repair shop do it under warranty for you?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »

The last time you posted that you were getting DZRs, you ended up getting a mixing board instead.

No - the last time I posted SHOULD I get DZR's and based partly on the advice I got here to perhaps upgrade my mixer and the fact a SQ6 became available at a great price - I ended up getting a board instead.
Also at that time my DSR hadn't crapped out on me.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 09:03:58 PM »

It has to be a voltage sag issue. i have one that will stay on 90% of the time. But some rooms it will go off. Comes right back on. I have to watch where I use it. It's on injured reserve as we speak... ;D
I was wondering if it could be something simple like this.
I hope so but I am wary of trying them out anywhere unless I take it in to have it checked out and if he finds nothing wrong I'll do what I suggested in my earlier post and take the offending speaker with me to a bunch of shows along with both my SRX's and set it up as an extra on one side.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »

Hi Debbie,

Wow... just ...wow.

Maybe you should pick up one of these:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L58BDG7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07L58BDG7&pd_rd_w=T2jhJ&pf_rd_p=733540df-430d-45cd-9525-21bc15b0e6cc&pd_rd_wg=OUvLu&pf_rd_r=8FEADDV8CQ6M9Y6P4MNR&pd_rd_r=1444f1e8-3a2e-11e9-8857-518f15906d37

You could check out the socket for good wiring and voltage.  Hopefully Kemper Watson had it right and that is all it is.

I haven't had any issues since I got my rattling woofer fixed.  Both my DSR's have been performing beautifully.  I really hope you just had a bad socket doing that.

I have plugged into tons of different sockets and have even run on a generator that was obviously not keeping up with the load (lights dimmed every time the kick was hit) and still never had a DSR go out.

Maybe you should get a paper trail going for this speaker so if it happens after warranty, you can claim it is a pre-existing condition :)

I hope things work out for you.  You don't deserve this bad luck.

FWIW, I have heard some people say that the ribbon cable inside the DSR can get dirty contacts and need to be cleaned up.  If your speaker is in warranty, maybe you could suggest a repair shop do it under warranty for you?

Yeah I'm still well inside that 7 year warranty so I'll drop it off and have it checked out.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.