ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR112 - problem again.  (Read 14097 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
DSR112 - problem again.
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »

I am sad again....

I used the DSR112's a few weeks ago - and one went off while the band was playing. I walked up to it - all lights were off. I turned it off at the back and turned back on and it came back to life and lasted the entire show. This speaker is the matching one to the original pair - not the replacement. 
So I will be taking it into the OTHER local shop I have close by and try this process again in the hope I don't end up  getting the run around like last time. I can't begin to say how disappointed I am AGAIN.....
WHAT IN THE WORLD???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

Re: DSR112 - problem again.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »

I am sad again....

I used the DSR112's a few weeks ago - and one went off while the band was playing. I walked up to it - all lights were off. I turned it off at the back and turned back on and it came back to life and lasted the entire show. This speaker is the matching one to the original pair - not the replacement. 
So I will be taking it into the OTHER local shop I have close by and try this process again in the hope I don't end up  getting the run around like last time. I can't begin to say how disappointed I am AGAIN.....
WHAT IN THE WORLD???

Sorry to hear! Mine have been so rock solid that I can hardly imaging getting anything else. Good luck with the diagnostic and keep us updated on the progress.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »

The first one that went bad would go off and NOT come back on at all till the next day. This one came back on immediately so a different symptom. I know it didn't get hot - inside show in winter.
So is there any possible reason this might be a fluke? I am scared to use them till this is sorted out.

I thought I might set up the SRX812's at the next show and have this DSR112 set up too using a split to both the SRX and the DSR on the one side. Start with the DSR112 on that side and if it goes out, just switch straight to the SRX. Trouble is even if it lasts, I'll be nervous each show ....

A friend of mine just purchased a pair DZR315's going from QSC KW153's. He LOVES them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:20:18 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »

Sorry - got sidetracked... anyway I asked why he didn't get the single 12's or 15's as he always uses subs. He said he compared the 2 and the 315's sounded way better in the low mids - he is a guitar player and commented that the single 12 (might have been the 15) sounded too shrill......

Steve Garris

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 01:34:05 PM »

commented that the single 12 (might have been the 15) sounded too shrill......

That's kind of how I feel about the DSR, but I simply EQ it out. My band customers always love my monitors though.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »

That's kind of how I feel about the DSR, but I simply EQ it out. My band customers always love my monitors though.
I have never noticed this in general. I have had shows where a little more EQ was required in that area but for the most part I don't hear shrill.
My friend was complaining how heavy the DZR's are - another reason why I try to go single drivers.
I see from the specs though that the KW 315's are only just under 5lbs lighter than the DZR's.

Maybe I will sell my DSR's when I have a conclusion to this and get a set of DZR's. Surely the bad luck won't follow me - right? If I do, I'd get single drivers again. I love the weight, the way they sit on stands/poles and the room they take up in the van....

Chris is telling me he is noticing the extra weight of the SRX812's  ...

Jay Marr

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »

What board you are using (general curiosity)?
My DSRs sound shrill - only when using certain mixers.  Wondering what you are using.

Jay Marr

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »

Debbie,
Have you been able to recreate the issue again at home?
I always feel better when I can recreate the issue, so the risk is low that when I sent for the repair that they actually fix something, rather than just saying that it seems to be working fine.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:04 PM »

Debbie,
Have you been able to recreate the issue again at home?
I always feel better when I can recreate the issue, so the risk is low that when I sent for the repair that they actually fix something, rather than just saying that it seems to be working fine.
And there-in lies the problem Jay - It hasn't happened since. I can keep trying it out but no issues each time.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »

What board you are using (general curiosity)?
My DSRs sound shrill - only when using certain mixers.  Wondering what you are using.

A&H Qu Pac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.