ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo M12  (Read 1547 times)

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
Nexo M12
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »

Has anyone heard the new Nexo M12 yet?  I like it on paper.  We're looking for something mid sized.  We like Martin WPC a lot but the M12 is 20% less expensive and I prefer the workflow of the Nexo software.

Ideally we would get D&B V, but that's been out for a while and is double the cost of WPC.  The other mid sized boxes in my area for cross rental possibilities are Adamson S10, which I don't like, and EAW Radius RSX212L, which won't meet our needs.  We don't do powered line arrays.

I'm not going to buy it without hearing it first, but opportunities to hear it before our busy season starts are few.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Nexo M12
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:14:31 AM »

My favorite mid-size line array is EAW Anna. Highly flexible and sounds good.
I really enjoy every time I get to deploy it and mix on it.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »

Has anyone heard the new Nexo M12 yet?  I like it on paper.  We're looking for something mid sized.  We like Martin WPC a lot but the M12 is 20% less expensive and I prefer the workflow of the Nexo software.

Ideally we would get D&B V, but that's been out for a while and is double the cost of WPC.  The other mid sized boxes in my area for cross rental possibilities are Adamson S10, which I don't like, and EAW Radius RSX212L, which won't meet our needs.  We don't do powered line arrays.

I'm not going to buy it without hearing it first, but opportunities to hear it before our busy season starts are few.

Hi Jason,
If price becomes the deciding factor it is hard to argue with 20%.  Aside from that, we auditioned WPC late last year (we just bought WPL).  To my mind, the outstanding feature of the Martin WP systems is not only that they sound very good but that they sound the same everywhere in the defined coverage area.  You can get a mix you are happy with at FOH and walk to the back corner of the venue and it sounds - the same.  You can walk to the front row and it sounds - the same.  This is no small feat.  There is some very smart software and a tremendous amount of FIR processing going on to make that happen.  Just sharing what swayed us in our decision.  Not everyone likes the same thing and there are a lot of good choices out there. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:00:07 AM by Steve Payne »
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »

Can I ask what you didn’t like about the Adamson S10?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.