ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: beyerdynamic TG-X50  (Read 2016 times)

Robert Lunceford

beyerdynamic TG-X50
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »

A while back I started a topic in regard to choosing a mic for a jazz kick with no hole in the front head.
There were just about as many suggestions of mics as there were replies. No real consensus.

One of the suggested mics was the beyerdynamic TG-X50. I have done some looking around and even though they have been out of production for some time, they are selling for $250-300 on the used market. The same price range, or higher, than most new kick mics from Audix, Shure, Sennheiser, Heil, Telefunken, etc.
Does anyone have first hand experience with this mic and how it compares to current kick mic offerings?

There appears to have been the original model and then a MKII. There seems to be no way of distinguishing the two models from one another by appearance or labeling.

Mike Mottsey

• aikenproaudio
Re: beyerdynamic TG-X50
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 09:29:44 PM »

A while back I started a topic in regard to choosing a mic for a jazz kick with no hole in the front head.
There were just about as many suggestions of mics as there were replies. No real consensus.

One of the suggested mics was the beyerdynamic TG-X50. I have done some looking around and even though they have been out of production for some time, they are selling for $250-300 on the used market. The same price range, or higher, than most new kick mics from Audix, Shure, Sennheiser, Heil, Telefunken, etc.
Does anyone have first hand experience with this mic and how it compares to current kick mic offerings?

There appears to have been the original model and then a MKII. There seems to be no way of distinguishing the two models from one another by appearance or labeling.
I had great luck with the Beyer TGd70d kick mic

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »

I have both a TGX50 and an M380.  I also own a half dozen other bass drum mics.  Nothing compares to the M380 although the TGX50 comes close.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.