ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie DMX Controller question  (Read 2138 times)

Jeff Moore

Newbie DMX Controller question
« on: February 22, 2019, 01:16:01 PM »

Hi all!

I am a musician desperately looking for a solution to my lighting problem for acoustic shows. I recently bought a starter light rig in a Chauvet 4bar tri usb and a COLORband T3. I also bought the irc 6 remote but it doesn't do quite what I am looking for. I am looking for a basic DMX controller as I am only able to select solid colors for a wash, would like to split (control individual lights on the 4bar). What would be the most entry level DMX controller I could get to accomplish this? I have looked at the obey series controllers and would like to get the easiest setup for my needs for a simple to use lighting controller. Help?

Thanks in advance! I am sorry, I would have searched the forums but am unsure the terminology to use...

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Newbie DMX Controller question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »

Are you hoping to do changing looks, switch between different static scenes, or something else.
Do you want to busk the colors live?
Pretty much any basic DMX controller will let you pre-program individual scenes and sequence several scenes together to make a chase.
The programming isn't difficult, just tedious.
If you want live control, that's not so simple, as you have 15 channels on the 4-bar plus up to 13 channels on the colorband. 
PM me if you want pricing.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jeff Moore

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »

Hi thanks for the answers, yes I am just looking to change static “scenes” I believe they are called? Like have the center two light fixtures green and the outside two blue, and several variations of that so I could change them from set to set. Nothing crazy at all.

I was looking at the Chauvet obey 4 and obey 40 for instance. Would either of them work for this and my colorband as well?

Kevin Olson

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:22:47 PM »

The Obey 4 won’t support more than 4 channels per fixture. If you want to control each individual fixture on the 4Bar you need to run it in 15 channel mode. The Obey 40 will get you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Moore

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:31:21 AM »

Perfect! Thank you so much. I will go that route then.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:31:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.