ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer X40  (Read 2271 times)

Tom Harrison

Meyer X40
« on: February 22, 2019, 01:33:33 AM »

Anybody had a chance to demo the Meyer X40 point source speaker in Amsterdam? Marketing buzzwords aside, do they sound better than UPJ and UPQ? This product line seems to aim at d&b Y series.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Meyer X40
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:45:15 AM »

They've just announced this (the first in a whole new line). Did they show it in Amsterdam?

Closer to the size and output of the UPA, but 20lbs lighter. Price point is $5,600 list price.

Hopefully we'll start hearing some demos in the States soon.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tom Harrison

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:54:50 AM »

They've just announced this (the first in a whole new line). Did they show it in Amsterdam?

Closer to the size and output of the UPA, but 20lbs lighter. Price point is $5,600 list price.

Yea demos at ISE. Some people have heard them and said these X40s will be a leading player in the point source market. This price point is only a bit more expensive than UPJ. I think its a must buy if they sound that good. The marketing people are claiming borrowed technology from Leo series including new amp, drivers, etc. so I don't know. Certainly is better than old UPAs but overthrowing d&b and l'acoustic is tough task.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:36:14 AM »

It is possible I may get pair in the next few months, still not sure if I want to bite or not, been debating it for the past few weeks. If I am able to get my hands on a pair I will try to set up a demo for those in the MN area, I have access to a venue with D&B point source boxes. I will update if I bite or am able to wrangle a demo rig off of the rep.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 02:47:38 AM »

It is possible I may get pair in the next few months, still not sure if I want to bite or not, been debating it for the past few weeks. If I am able to get my hands on a pair I will try to set up a demo for those in the MN area, I have access to a venue with D&B point source boxes. I will update if I bite or am able to wrangle a demo rig off of the rep.
If you set up a demo, let me know. My brother lives in St. Paul, and has a new baby. I could make it a threefer to come up and hear them.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 03:16:52 AM »

Does Meyer use FIR filters in their DSP?

Merlijn van Veen

• www.merlijnvanveen.nl
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 03:28:19 AM »

The preliminary datasheet is available for download at the website.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:32:26 AM by Merlijn van Veen »

Tom Harrison

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »

What are you using right now? I already have UPJs and UPQs so I don't know where these X40s will fit in. If they sound better than those two then the decision is easy for me. It seems like it can be very loud with those 8".

Tom Harrison

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 12:57:01 PM »

Does Meyer use FIR filters in their DSP?

They don't mention FIR filters or any processing voodoo in the literature but most likely use them to correct phase and response.

Tom Harrison

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »

The preliminary datasheet is available for download at the website.

Merlijn,
I'm thinking about getting a pair of X42 to cover an L shape room with about 15 ft wide each zone. The X42 data is not available in MAPP yet and the closest thing in horizontal coverage is UPQ-2. Do you think I can cover 10ft wide (where most of the listeners will be ) with +/-3db at about 12-15ft away. It seems like 60deg on X42 should be able to spray at least 15ft with a focused beam.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.